Anybody have a guitar to give away?

Slave2TheAudio

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I was in college and wanted a guitar i worked an extra job and all the O/T that was available to me to save for one.

I would recommend that to you as well. You will get much more personal fulfillment and appreciate it more by working for something than asking for handouts.

• Members

When I was in college and wanted a guitar i worked an extra job and all the O/T that was available to me to save for one.

I would recommend that to you as well. You will get much more personal fulfillment and appreciate it more by working for something than asking for handouts.

Let me give you some background on me:

I am currently pre-med, on track for a BS in BioChemistry, lots of studying, labs, tests, etc.

I, as well as my family are poor so I pay for my school with PURE loans. I have 20$ in my account and 30$ in my pocket. That's all to my name.

I already work and that pays for the school bills, food, etc.

I am sorry if I do sound like a charity case. My main proclaimation is that if you have something sitting in your basement or something that is broken with an easy fix, or just something you just don't want, I wouldn't mind paying shipping to take it off their hands.

Thanks guys,

Trevan

• Members

It was not meant as a criticism but as advice. You can either take it or ignore it.

I too came from a poor family and paid my own way to college and to grad school. This helped me to develop a great work ethic and to decide what i needed verses what i wanted.

A used squier can be purchased on craigslist for $50-75. That can be earned in one days work.....if my 9 year old son can do it by raking leaves and sweeping sidewalks for friends and family then anyone can do it.

Anyways, I wish you luck in finding what you are looking for.

• Members

It was not meant as a criticism but as advice. You can either take it or ignore it.

I too came from a poor family and paid my own way to college and to grad school. This helped me to develop a great work ethic and to decide what i needed verses what i wanted.

A used squier can be purchased on craigslist for $50-75. That can be earned in one days work.....if my 9 year old son can do it by raking leaves and sweeping sidewalks for friends and family then anyone can do it.

Anyways, I wish you luck in finding what you are looking for.

i have a feeling your 9 year old son doesnt have tests to study for either. I also have a feeling that nobody is going to give someone other than a 9 year old 50-75$ to rake a yard. If you live where i live that is.

• Members

Dudes, let's remember why we're here on HC. The OP wasn't being unreasonable and there's no reason to give him a hard time. This forum isn't about flaming people for no fuggin reason. The guy asked if anyone had a beater collecting dust that they could send his way. If you don't have one, then GTFO and go read another thread.

To the OP, I'll check what I have laying around in the basement.. I think I might have a beater sitting around, and if you pay shipping I may shoot it your way. I'll let you know if I find one.

• Members

it never should hurt to ask.. but I can see on here it can actually. advice I can relate to but the throat cutting isn't helping anyone!! relax everyone and make this a place to come to and enjoy. IF YOU HAVE NOTHING CONSTRUCTIVE TO SAY then KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!:blah:

• Members

Dudes, let's remember why we're here on HC. The OP wasn't being unreasonable and there's no reason to give him a hard time. This forum isn't about flaming people for no fuggin reason. The guy asked if anyone had a beater collecting dust that they could send his way. If you don't have one, then GTFO and go read another thread.

To the OP, I'll check what I have laying around in the basement.. I think I might have a beater sitting around, and if you pay shipping I may shoot it your way. I'll let you know if I find one.

Very true. these posters that are bashing the OP need to watch out for karma it will come back around to bite them.

• Members

Thank you a lot. That's why I joined here in the first place.

• Members

OP, tell you what . . .

I have a 3/4 size guitar that I've tried to sell on CL but had no responses. I'm tired of trying to sell stuff on CL here because I either get no response or I get assholes that make appointments and never show. So here's the deal, its a Series 10 guitar with a 3/4 size body but looks like a full size neck. 1 humbucker in the bridge. To box and ship via UPS it will cost around $60, so be sure you are able to afford paying $60 for a free guitar as opposed to going to a pawn shop and trying it out first hand before spending $60 on it there. I don't think its a smart move, but PM me and we'll talk.

• Members

check ebay you can probably by a brand new guitar there for 60 dollars or less but it probably won't sound or play anything like a guitar.

However on a lighter note I just picked up a really nice Fender Squier Duosonic for 25 bucks and its dead mint too. I am gonna give to my 13 year old for a christmas present. Also I picked up a classical guitar a few months back for 35 dollars. If you watch your local rummage sales and thrift shops you can sometimes find a deal like what you are looking for.

Don't expect to find much decent for the price your looking to spend though.

Another place you might want to check is your local music go round, save a few more bucks and you might be able to find a cheap beater that is some what respectable.

Good luck hunting

• Members

Pre-Med. Christ. Do you get 5 or more hours of sleep a night? Probably. SLEEP LESS, GET MORE.

Let me give you some background on me:

I am currently pre-med, on track for a BS in BioChemistry, lots of studying, labs, tests, etc.

I, as well as my family are poor so I pay for my school with PURE loans. I have 20$ in my account and 30$ in my pocket. That's all to my name.

I already work and that pays for the school bills, food, etc.

I am sorry if I do sound like a charity case. My main proclaimation is that if you have something sitting in your basement or something that is broken with an easy fix, or just something you just don't want, I wouldn't mind paying shipping to take it off their hands.

Thanks guys,

Trevan

Archived