F/S 1964 Fender Stratocaster w/ case...take a look!

DTorg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

Some slightly off-topic questions....How do you store something at home that's valued upwards of 20k? Most people don't have anything like that at home (outside of what's in their garage). Are you selling this because it's too valuable nowadays? Is it just kind of weird to have this sitting under the bed or in the closet or whatever? Do you actually play it or is it too valuable to where you don't want to put more wear on it? How did you have the appraisal made? Did you just mail the guitar to Gruhn? How does shipping insurance work on that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Why is it this guy is being out under the gun by some people because he is selling a vintage ax. He has said all the right things with the most important being come check it out before you buy. Anything else is no ones buisness. I love looking at and can appreciate a nice vintage guitar. Do I own any -NO My oldest ax is an 85 tele. The reason these guitars are worth so much is how many do you think are left. And why is it assumed that anyone who has a vintage ax cant play. If you look he has 16 axes with most of them 80s and 90s models so I would bet he sure as hell can play. Yes there are a lot of guys who are just straight up collectors who cant play a note but maybe they see the same piece of art we see but just lack the skills, that is not a crime last I looked. If you ask me he is under selling that ax but since I am in NY it would probably be easier for me to get more for it. I think someone is getting a hell of a deal. Best of luck with it,if it was mine I would hold onto it as how many do you come across but at least you owned one.KEEP ON ROCKIN

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Dtorg,,, Call Elliot at Rumble Seat Music, Ithaca NY ... He may pay your price... he has regular buyers all over the world and can probably still make a profit paying you what you need.. Its worth a shot, he pays serious money for nice stuff like your strat.. Either that, or ebay it... It will be a hard sell here.. $200 Agiles sell here, once you get past that, it gets tough:)
bob

• Members
Dtorg,,, Call Elliot at Rumble Seat Music, Ithaca NY ... He may pay your price... he has regular buyers all over the world and can probably still make a profit paying you what you need.. Its worth a shot, he pays serious money for nice stuff like your strat.. Either that, or ebay it... It will be a hard sell here.. $200 Agiles sell here, once you get past that, it gets tough:)

bob

Well I just sold a $1600 Mark IV combo and a $2700 Elmwood. Not quite your run of the mill Agiles but nice try :thu: This guitar is soooo amazing I wish I had the fundage.