Gibson Flying V 67 Reissue

AH Guitarist

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Faded and '67 RI are not the same thing.
:cop:

:facepalm:

Congratulations for outing yourself as "clueless about what he's talking about" regarding such matters. It's posts like these that make me wish there was a "THINK" button lodged between "submit reply" and "preview post".

The faded cherry is a finish option, not a series. It is set up identically as a black or white one in all respects but the finish. So a 1990 transparent green or 89 tobacco sunburst isn't a '67' reissue because the finish costs more but it is in all other respects the EXACT same guitar as a black or white model?

Bull

{censored}.

This is so sad. Dude, if I can sell mine at a reasonable loss locally I'll be PMing you about this one.

• Members

This was a Craigslist ad. I believe its only a couple of years old. I'm not sure because I am the second owner. It is still in fabulous shape but it does have a professionally done custom paint job. It has been repainted a gunmetal or graphite gray. It is loaded with the stock 496R/500t pickups. This thing sounds AMAZING through a JCM-800 or any metal amp for that matter. Only one small knick on the side. Not noticeable when playing it. I will get pics by request and/or as soon as I get off my a$$ and upload them. I am selling it to fund another guitar. The smudges on the guitar in the pic are just finger prints. the camera makes them look worse than they are.

Case included

09issofine455.jpg' alt='>'>

09issofine424.jpg' alt='>'>

• Members

do you still have the V ?

good job on the refinish ?..did it turn out ?..I like the color

the thing I've found out abou the V's ..for me is the epi 58 re-iss ..has more of a strat modern C to the profile

the 67 re-iss, gibby seemed like it was a bit chunkier ?

have you tried both V's ?..Do you think I'm correct ?

some necks kill my hand , thats why I was wondering your take on it ?..

I do know why Hendrix play's a V ...Well I think ...seems like the string spacing is very close , or exact to a Fender strat ..I love it .. easy to play his stuff on ..sometimes ! ...Kevin...any info apreciated !

• Members

It is still available.

I've only played this model, the 67. It worked well for the thrashier metal type stuff. Now my band is a little more rock and it doesnt work as well. For me anyway. The tone is not as thick as say..as Les Paul. But not in a negative way. It has a fast neck. It is a little thinner. It does remind me of a C neck Strat now that you mention it.

• Members

do you still have the V ?

the thing I've found out abou the V's ..for me is the epi 58 re-iss ..has more of a strat modern C to the profile

the 67 re-iss, gibby seemed like it was a bit chunkier ?

have you tried both V's ?..Do you think I'm correct ?

I'd disagree based on my exp. I have a Epi Goth ('58 profile V) and it has more of a rounded baseball bat feel to the neck, or a perceived chunkiness to it compared to my '67 Fadeds. I have smaller hands and the '67 feels much better in my hand... thinner without being thin.

Archived