delete

Ambitot Pu Phan

• Members

Well I find this whole situation very interesting. You have a guy who has been asked several times by people to show some pictures of the damage and doesn't do so. (Not that he should have to but I still find it odd?)

And then of course you have another person who seems to care less that a whole thread has been devoted to him for screwing another member over. I still can't believe he never said anything about it.

To be honest I will never do a deal with dime and I hope he goes down as someone to never do trades with just like all the other idiots out there that I will never trade with.

If I was one of these guys and had ripped someone off I would just open a new account and start over. So really this whole {censored} is pointless if you think about it.

Never trade with
IndianScout, Aporcilansky, and alot of others I am sure.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

yeah but all the people who I have seen get ripped off lately were by members with alot of posts.

I have traded with members who have low post counts sucessfully without any problems so far.

I always get a valid email address, and a phone number, also I only deal with paypal and would never send payment as a gift.

So far I have not had problems here. I have more problems buying off of ebay with people selling broken crap, misrepresenting items, and price jacking by having there friends bid on items they are selling.

although it appears this forum is full of dirtbags that misrepresent {censored} or never send it. Recently it seems alot of people have been ripped off.

• Members

lololol the one post wonders always come out of the woodwork when somebody is getting bashed. Dime has a lot of egg on his face for this, hes headed for Aporcelainsky and Indianscout waters which is not a good place to be. {censored} his face at this point.

• Members

If he did file a UPS claim they (UPS) would have come to your house and picked up the package for inspection and then would have returned it to the party claiming the damage (the seller). IF this did not happen, I doubt he filed a claim.

On a side note, there is a lot of crazy stuff going on with people you think are cool. I recently bought 2 guitars from 2 different sellers on this site. One came without the bridge cover, the other came missing a pickup that the seller said he woudl include. I have yet to get either piece from the sellers even after they promissed to send them. They will respond for a while then they will go silent never to be heard from again.

It is kind of risky these days buying and selling. Lots of non paying bidders on ebay these days also.

Best of luck on your situation. It is good to hear about those that are ripping people off so we dont make the same mistake.

• Members
http://acapella.harmony-central.com/member.php?u=50886

Bought Gibson Explorer from him. Guitar arrived with smashed headstock. Even pickguard and pickup switch were smashed (can you imagine that?). There were no packing at all - just paper wrapped case. The string tensions wasn't loosened too. Very unprofessional.

So i wrote about that to seller and he replied on 23 september:

"Jesus man, I'm sooo sorry about this. I dropped it off at my local UPS Store and had them take care of it all. This has never happened to me before and I use them everytime I ship something. Send me the tracking information etc...so I can look up how much insurance I had it on it etc....either way, you'll be taken care of. I have a very good reputation on this site, so we will get this taken care of one way or another."

I sent him all information. After that he told me to wait 2 weeks for refund. I did. After that wrote him numerous PMs and emails. No answer. Almost 2 months past. No refund and answers. Even 11 000 post on forum mean nothing here. And good reputation too. End of story.

I really think this guy is full of it... No pictures, No proof.

• Members

There are 2 sides to every story I find it odd that there are no pictures of the damage, but I also find it odd the other guy wouldn't even try to defend himself.

Either way I would be certain to never trade with either of these guys until I at least saw some proof meaning the pictures.

But then again why would the guy lie about getting a damaged guitar?

I guess we may never really know?

• Members
Not to bust your nuts, man, but not everyone in the country owns or has direct access to a digital camera 24/7.

Normally I would agree........ But in this case.. Dimebag has nothing to loose by calling the shipper to file a claim..
It takes all of 5 minutes.... This just doesn't add up.
I will however give you this much.. Dimebag is not a name typically associated with forum names we guitar player use.
This guy may possibly be a scumbag who was high, Broke his guitar, needed money and then sold it off with no regguard for the unsuspecting buyer........ Quite the debate isn't it.

• Members

ummm...... wow?!?!?!?! do you even know who "dimebag" was? i'm pretty positive it was a reference to him and not pot. i'd say you haven't been around guitars too long if you've never heard of him. i'm not into that kind of music at all and i know who he was........ one hell of a guitar player!

• Members

This thread has become funny as hell. I mean what does the name of a member have to do with his ability to make a deal? Sad enough to say no matter what kind of music you listen to not everyone knows who Dimebag is. Speaking of which I haven't heard any Pantera in a couple of years now.

Oh a I suppose I probably wouldn't make a deal with a member if they had a name like grandtheftguitar or something like that.

• Members
Dimebag is not a name typically associated with forum names we guitar player use.

This guy may possibly be a scumbag who was high, Broke his guitar, needed money and then sold it off with no regguard for the unsuspecting buyer........ Quite the debate isn't it.

:facepalm: Poser FAIL... At least he has more than 1 post count, though! :thu:

These "scam" threads are getting rediculous. This one is just a complete mystery. Or not so much. No matter what the truth is, its just two more guys proving to be less than trustworthy.

• Members
I shipped this guy a guitar and it got there today. I hope its not {censored}ed up
:eek:

Just do us all a favor if its {censored}ed up submit a claim with the shipping company. Even if it takes months to resolve they should give you some sort of proof.

Oh wait you probably didn't send a damaged guitar I think you will most likely be fine.:cop: