delete

Ambitot Pu Phan

• Members

If it was shipped UPS you can use the tracking number to either file or check the status of the insurance claim. I realize they always refund to the shipper, not the recipent, but I would at least call UPS and find out if a claim was filed, and if not try to apply for one. It can't hurt to try to get some more info from them at the least.

How did you pay for it? Can you file a claim with paypal, or even your credit card?

What a shame....hope it comes out to a positive resolution.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Do you have any pics of the damage done to the guitar? I would like to see just how bad it really looks? Take some pics and post him if you don't mind.

Also did appear the box was damaged before you opened it?

Last but not least it sucks to get screwed over but did something happen to this guy you made the deal with? I mean maybe his number was changed because he dropped dead or something.

Either that or its because he's a dirtbag trying to dodge everyone here but I doubt a guy with a good reputation up until now would be willing to throw it all away for no reason.

Plus I find it strange he hasn't even posted any comments in his defense??

I still think something might have happened to him? Maybe he's in the hospital or some {censored}.

Either way I hope you get it resolved. There are way to many scammers around here lately. They are killing it for the rest of us.

Thanks Apocelansky, Mikey, IndianScout and am quite certain the list goes on. But these are just a few I won't forget

• Members

Well I am neutral in this matter but as a member of a lot of forums it takes a hell of a long time to get to 11,000 post and build a solid rep to blow it up on something you know he insured. By what the others have said he always seemed like a good guy.

I cant blame you for being pissed as I would be too I dont care if he had 100,000 post but something seems off. All I can say is to back track and see if an insurence claim was ever made and collected. I am almost certain that someone would have had to contact you and they would of sent someone to inspect the damage as they just dont pay off on a phone call they send an investigator to check things out. Hey maybe he got pinched for something.

• Members

I had a bad experience with something packed and sent by a UPS store once. I bought 5 clarinets for rebuilding from a guy. He dropped it off at a UPS store to be packed and shipped, and UPS lost them, the store got two of the 4 or 5 boxes the guy left with them mixed up. I ended up with a saxophone that was supposed to go to someone else, and I managed to get that straightened out and to the right person, but they never did track down my clarinets, and I am STILL trying to get something out of them for a claim, after nearly two years. The problem is, since it was shipped by a UPS store, the fine folks at UPS keep referring me to the store instead of UPS insurance. I know at this point that I am probably never going to see anything out of this, although because they were worth over $1,000 bucks to me in rebuilt condition, I am thinking about filing a claim with my local court and making the people from the UPS store come here to defend themselves just to be a pain.....

• Members

Can't anybody do there Job anymore? The world has turned into a bunch of lazy idiots.

You can't trust UPS to ship stuff, You can't use Fed Ex, The post office sucks.

What is one to do?

I have had problems with the post office and UPS in the past. Believe it or not though I think UPS does a way better job than the post office. I get other peoples mail all the time, I have had mail lost, and I have even had it take 2 months to mail something less than 30 miles?

As far as UPS goes they throw boxes around, leave them in the bushes, drop {censored}, etc. They don't give a rats ass about any of us.

The new theme for UPS should be "we drop {censored}".

Instead of we drop ship.

I tried to file a claim once for a guitar I bought but it ended up being such a nightmare that I just ended up spending several hundred dollars to fix the guitar and ended up eating it because neither UPS or the other party wanted to make the situation right.

I tell ya a person's word doesn't mean anything anymore. It's no wonder the world will most likely be wiped out in the next 100 years or less.

I guess that what happens when to many idiots are allowed to reproduce.

• Members

Paypal sucks. I hate them. I only use them because they are a necessary evil. I recently had over 900 dollars stolen from my paypal account. They are terrible.

There customer service sucks, I have done multilple purchases with paypal in which I got screwed and nothing ever got resolved? To be honest I am not really sure why I even use them other than the fact that its easy and everyone requests it.

If you contacted the seller and you can verify he was online and got your messages then he must know what he did and chances are you just got screwed.

If I was you I would contact UPS and Paypal and tell them you want to dispute the shipping as it was damaged and the purchase of the guitar.

I am not sure it will do anygood but I would at least try.

It really sucks to get screwed. I hope I speak for everyone here when I say I will never trade or buy from a guy who has screwed someone over like this if I know about it and if the issue is never resolved with any good reasoning.

• Members

If it is not an ebay transaction you better accept the fact that paypal is not going to be a help. I had this confirmed by paypal themselves. Since ebay only wants you to use paypal these days they have stepped up there game that I will say. But they stand on the sidelines while you put in a claim and then a dispute and do nothing for that time.

But I will give it to them that once it is passed due they will pay you out of there pocket, As the first time I had a problem I called and told them is there any small writing I will be refunded 18 months from now and they made it clear that I had nothing to worry about. But when I asked them about a transaction off ebay they made it pretty clear you are not going to get much help.

• Members
Wow waiting 18 months to be refunded sounds like a really good deal (NOT)

PAYPAL SUCKS

I just want to say that I hope the OP ends up getting everything straightened out and a refund in full. Also, Pay Pal and UPS are two incredibly terrible companies, I've had extremely bad experiences with both in the last month. The only way to get them to step up or push them out is to stop utilizing them as a resource. Good luck OP.

• Members

i dont care who {censored}ed that guitar up, its Keith's responsibility to keep the buyer in the know and he absolutely NEEDS to keep a line of communication with the guy. REfund the money and let him ship the broken guitar back, its not the buyers problem, its the seller/senders problem. I hate this {censored}, and it is suprising because Keith has an excellent repuation here. If he has problems going on in his life, its not the dude that forked over the cash for the guitars fault, get him his instrument or his money back.

• Members
If it is not an ebay transaction you better accept the fact that paypal is not going to be a help. I had this confirmed by paypal themselves. Since ebay only wants you to use paypal these days they have stepped up there game that I will say. But they stand on the sidelines while you put in a claim and then a dispute and do nothing for that time.

But I will give it to them that once it is passed due they will pay you out of there pocket, As the first time I had a problem I called and told them is there any small writing I will be refunded 18 months from now and they made it clear that I had nothing to worry about. But when I asked them about a transaction off ebay they made it pretty clear you are not going to get much help.

I was refunded 3k after two months.

And I restate, get the forms from your bank to claim fraud. When paypal investigates why the fraud claim was made, then this story will actually become relevant.

• Members

Either way this poor guy still got screwed over. Whether it was UPS's fault or the senders it still suck. I hope he gets this taken care.

Although I would still like to see some pictures of the guitar to show how bad the damage really is. I mean if your gonna trash another guys reputation here some pictures of the guitar would be nice to see.

Although I don't think it really much matters I guess since the guy who sent the guitar obviously doesn't seem to concerned.

• Members

why would it be UPSs fault at this point? The seller is responsible for filing a claim, and that would entail a UPS agent to come out and inspect the package if that is what you are going to do. It's the first thing to do if yo uare going to file a claim and the sellers responsibility. Past that, it is still the sellers responsibility if his packing job was a joke. And certainly the communication afterwards is the seller's responsiblity also. There isn't a thing in here that can be put on UPS that doesn't start with the seller.

• Members

Good point I guess it all falls back on the seller. As you are correct he would have to file a claim, but it sounded like UPS might have packaged it??? Then again we may never find out since we have only heard one side of the story.

If I was dime I would want share my take on things but apparently he isn't very concerned about his reputation here or he would have already taken care of this.

To be honest I am glad I never did any deals with him. Its a shame that to many people out there are dishonest or don't want to don't want to work with you when there is an issue.

Best of luck getting your money back or at least something from this whole ordeal.

• Members

Hunted around and found this from him he's "doing medical billing/data entry for a place called Caledonia Financial down here in South Florida"

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showpost.php?p=36295884&postcount=36

You guys are both in FLA - go visit and tell him you want your money. Bring the busted guitar with you and jam the pieces in his ass.

:D

• Members
if he called UPS and filed a claim they would cover it.. Why wouldn't he? On that note this post sounds like Bull{censored}....

Where is the prove about the fact that Dimebag made the UPS store think about all the packaging? If he did by himself the packaging, and it was not strong enough, UPS won't refund anything. And this is probably what happened.

• Members

Where is the prove about the fact that Dimebag made the UPS store think about all the packaging? If he did by himself the packaging, and it was not strong enough, UPS won't refund anything. And this is probably what happened.

Hi Dimebag :wave: Dont make it any more obvious you dumb{censored} :facepalm: