FORUM MEMBERS - CDs available?

• Members

So, seeing as how we are a community of musicians, perhaps some of you have CDs of your music - I know I do.

Perhaps there are others of you that are interested in owning some of your fellow forum member's music - I know I am.

Consequently, I thought that it might be a good thing to start a thread where forum members could post info about the availability of their own music.

I could see where something like this could be taken as being spam; however, I figure if we keep it confined to this thread, it won't be a problem.

So, who's got CDs available? Where do we get 'em?

dB

• Members

i figured anyone who would want one would just be able to follow the link in my sig to my site but i'd be happy to mention it here.

i've got a few copies left of a 3" CD containing some improv tracks that i recorded with just an SH-101 and TR-707 through some fx a few years back. i printed up 20 numbered copies - they're of decent quality with on-disc print, decent covers, etc.

once i get the 'label' back up and running i'll be doing more, it'd be nice to have an outlet for them.

PM or e-mail if interested, of course.

i'm glad you brought this up, i'm sure there's alot of people's stuff here that i'd like to check out. i definitely prefer a decent quality hardcopy to mp3s...

• Members

Yes. I have two CD's out.

Love Song/Pont Mirabeau &

Digitally-Aged Spirits

But all the songs can be downloaded free.

I guess the only reason to buy the CD's would be to get the cover art. De Chirico on one, Seurat on the other.

I have a CD of New York songs planned that I may never finish. I've been working on it 3 years.

The two pieces from that CD I've finished, can also be downloaded free.

• Members

I made a cd about 7 years ago, called "13 Drones". The featured instruments are Serge Modular and ARP 2600. Nice professional packaging including repros of some very psychedelic paintings.

"Drone-like soundscapes created with a variety of modular synthesizers, from spaced-out dreamy ambiance to weird jarring tonalities, presented as a gallery of art and sound."

Forced Exposure carries it: http://www.fe.org

also CDBABY - there are some short MP3's, and ordering info:

http://www.cdbaby.com/jamespotter

You can PM me also.

• Members

oops - forgot one. i was asked to contribute a couple tracks to a compilation on Silver Plastic Records a while back. mostly electro/no-wave acts, some really good stuff to be heard (almost to the point of thinking my stuff doesn't really fit with the rest of what's on there). most suprising to me were some nice compliments that my tracks received from a couple of reviewers. it's available with mp3 clips at:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/rotpw (my tracks are titled 'stress relief point' and '012 (introvert)

and the full reviews can be read on the SPR site here:

http://www.silverplasticrecords.com/catalog/spr105/reviews-of-return-of-the-permanent-wave/

• Members

no "official" CD releases for me as of yet... I'm too lazy to do my own label and no others have shown an interest so far (not that I've tried too hard to attract any attention)...

but anyway, one noteworthy release that I'm on is the RRR-500 locked groove LP from a while back (came out in 99 IIRC)... I forget the exact numbers, but I think my grooves were 77-82. it starts with Static Insect and then the next 4 after that at any rate... and then 6 of my friends' projects follow my 5 entires (I ran a small cassette label at the time and was invited to submit grooves from 10 artists on our "roster" - didn't quite have 10 different artists at that point, hence the multiple entries for myself)...

anyway, it's a fun project if you can track down a copy. lots of "big names" contributed grooves as well (i.e. Sonic Youth, Merzbow and so on)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Currently available purely recreational music cd is one of my solo cd's. Synths, drum machine, some electric bass guitar & some electric guitar. Album name is: "Lunch Music For Doom Bunnies". Dark atmospheric stuff. Is a mini rather then full length album. If interested in getting cd copy pm me for more info. Or email direct to elfinboy2@webtv.net

• Members

Hi!

I am mainly writer and producer.

I produced a single last december. It was a Christmas single with an Austrian artist.

It was for Coca Cola and they played it in the TV-commercials around the counrty. Reached #2 in the Top-40 charts ;-)

There was another song on a compilation too called Bravo Hits.

All in all i sold about 100.000 units last year. Quite a good year :-)

But i don't know where to buy all this stuff outside Europe.

The single was called "A beautiful time"

best regards!

• Members

You can now get one of my albums in the USA and I think they are distributed into some stores as well as on Amazon etc. You can see more info here (band is Astromill)

http://www.adifferentdrum.com/artist.php?n=NW10032-2

I also have a cut each on two tribute CDs, one for The Fixx and one for Dead Or Alive and you can find out about those here;

http://www.section44.com/news.html

-Sheryl

• Members

Originally posted by Purity_Control

Isn't it about time we had a KSS compilation CD, even if it's not a physical one, so to speak? We haven't had one since Rollerator sorted one out on the old mp3.com back in 00/01.

I believe you're right. I'm a big fan of forum compilation CDs

I feel all inferior next to OJ now 'cos they've got two:eek:
:D

Two? :rolleyes: We did ten of them in the Keyboard Corner over the last few years. :p:D

I actually just finished up #10 a few weeks ago. I'll start one for this forum shortly...

dB

• Members

i actually got a couple of releases, one of them with an american saxophone player, Bret Spainhour, who visited me last year... all about jazz.

And I have done a cd with my quartet playing "a la" scofield music

I have made a jazz cd with my trio plus vocalist, and that's about them i can remember... plus some compilations, sit ins and stuff...

Oh while I got it: three DVD's of live material plus the 4th coming up this month

• Members

I have a few CDs out, butthey're generally distributed only in Europe... jazz, or ethno-prog stuff.

You can find about them at my site:

www.carlomezzanotte.com

Beware - the site's graphics are atrocious (I did it myself in a few days), and I only update it every six months or so... but there's a lot of music. Click on "English" (or "Italian" if you feel so :D), then go to the "Records" page. Or, go to the "Music" page, to find all mp3s from records grouped together, plus many others.

• 1 month later...

Archived