Rack tube preamps?....Anybody?

rlord1974

• Members

Due to their apparent "uncool" factor, I am really going out on a limb here and opening myself up to some serious beats.

But seriously, there is a real "lack of rack" going on at present here in the Classifieds.

Is anybody looking to sell any cool tube preamps? H&K Access? Egnater M4? Groove Tubes Trio? Soldanos? Mesa Quads?

• Members

Hey man, I've got a Tubeworks Blue Tube....not sure if you've ever heard of one, but it's a sweet piece that really pushes and has great tone! Mine is in amazing shape with your normal rack mounted screw marks on the sides and everything else is near mint!

Here is a little link of what it does, it's really all I could find online....this is one item you kind of just have to try out and see if you like it.

Anyway, if you're interested, email me at Tylermccay@gmail.com.

Thanks

• Members

Hey, I'm with you MRAAJR. I actually went "anti-rack" after using one for 3 years on the road back in the 90's and having a lot of problems with it. However, I have recently been getting the itch to reassemble a nice rack.

I already have a JMP-1 (which I love and purchased 'cause it was one of the units I liked back in the 90's), but thanks for the offer on that.

Digitech isn't really of interest to me, as I have separate FX units and am probably looking for more of an "all tube" design (except, perhaps, for a H&K Access).

Yes, I am looking to purchase. Units I am most interested in include the H&K Access, Egnater M4 (doesn't have to be loaded with 4 modules), Randall RM4, Groove Tubes Trio, Soldano X99 (wow, I would have to sell one of my beloved axes to fund that purchase) or Mesa Quad. Any unit would need to be in excellent, clean shape. I am open to other suggestions, though. By no means have I thought of every possible "suitable" preamp out there!

I started this thread to see if anyone might have something they were "thinking of" or "considering" selling, with the idea of getting a dialogue started to see if there is a deal to be worked out.

Thanks, all!

• Members

Thanks Yo Squig... thats my Triple Giant for $400, and hands down your gonna be impresed to say the least. I recently compared it to a Marshall JMP-1 and it smoked the {censored} out of that preamp, no matter what settings you could put on it! Let me know if your interested, I might also let an M4 go with 6 modules for $2500... mint condition and less than 5 months old.

• Members

Thanks to everyone that has dropped a post so far. Although nothing yet has piqued my interest, at the least, you are letting others know you have some gear you might be willing to move at the right price.

Again, items I'm most interested in are the H&K Access (v2, sound module B), Mesa Quads and Soldanos. Must be in excellent condition.

Anyways, now that I'm through with the kind thanks, here's a "keep 'em coming" bump!

• Members

I've had one of these for years and it's by far the best pre I've played with. 9 12AX7 cascading distortion, but the clean channel is as warm and complex as I've ever heard. Lots of options and color choices

I guess a link could help http://cgi.ebay.com/CARVIN-QUAD-X-PREAMP_W0QQitemZ170433145582QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27ae9b6aee

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Due to their apparent "uncool" factor, I am really going out on a limb here and opening myself up to some serious beats.

But seriously, there is a real "lack of rack" going on at present here in the Classifieds.

Is anybody looking to sell any cool tube preamps? H&K Access? Egnater M4? Groove Tubes Trio? Soldanos? Mesa Quads?

I've seen a few Carvin Quad X's for sale. Those are really great amps. I've had mine for years

Archived