Before we self-destruct, would someone please come forward for reporting threads?

• Members

Originally posted by myshkin

Well hard luck on not getting things sorted. The kind of folk to report stuff are not usually the same to admit to it. And if you call them out they tend to report that also. Seems it's really down to the quality of the moderator.

Yeah I think the quality of the administrators here has pretty much been established by that nice little act of douchebaggery

I mean...the dude thread? {censored}in why?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Personally I thinkt this whole topic of admisnistators banning this thead and the topic of this and that and no polical threads and on and on and on is a silly bunch of bull{censored}!!!!

if you dont like what the thread says (i.e. its not something that interests you)....then dont {censored}ing read it!!!

Now how about a healthy discussion about reliegion!:eek::wave::D

• Members

Moderation has increased a bunch since MF bought Harmony Central. Its not just in KSS where threads are getting deleted, its everywhere. Many people are upset and have left other parts of HC.

And I totally agree, you don't have to open a thread if you think it will offend you.....

• Members

Originally posted by Fear My Potato

Off-topic political threads were recently reported to the administrators, violating the unofficial KSS policy of self-moderation. Why is self-moderation a positive thing? Because we all put up with just a little, and get a whole lot.

[snip]

This is the KSS forum, I thought we were better than that, and we are...so let's start being better than that again...before any more valuable members get themselves banned, leave, and this forum completely self-destructs leaving a practically useless shell of boring advice given by fewer people.

What an excellent post! Truly eloquent.

Major Props. :thu: :thu:

Cheers,

Mark

P.S. Give Craig slack. He's one of the best moderators I've seen. It's perfect to point things like this out....they will be made right. I'm certain of that.

Peace.

• Members

i'll chime in here.....

i am not sure exactly what threads are being discussed here but i do remember being pretty pissed about some things that were being said in one of the iraq threads.

while i obviously respect the right to everyone having opinion i don't necessarily want to hear them all. i think posting off topic political threads not only violates standards of decorum that would apply to our regular lives but also dirties up the KSS forum with non-music related threads.

i also understand some individuals wanting to discuss things with other forum members but i thought that was what the "SSS Political Party" forum was for. to me, posting OT political stuff is like telling dirty jokes while out to dinner with your wife and her friends or hearing your doctor make an off-color comment before he walks into examine you.....it is just in poor taste.

music is something i enjoy both doing and discussing. it is both a creative outlet and escape for me. why would i want to log on to KSS and see a bunch of political threads?

maybe the answer is to create a KSS off-topic sub forum so everyone can BS and talk {censored} without mingling with the rest of the HC forum members.

...cheers to you all

• Members

Originally posted by your fat mom

i'll chime in here.....

i am not sure exactly what threads are being discussed here but i do remember being pretty pissed about some things that were being said in one of the iraq threads.

while i obviously respect the right to everyone having opinion i don't necessarily want to hear them all. i think posting off topic political threads not only violates standards of decorum that would apply to our regular lives but also dirties up the KSS forum with non-music related threads.

i also understand some individuals wanting to discuss things with other forum members but i thought that was what the "SSS Political Party" forum was for. to me, posting OT political stuff is like telling dirty jokes while out to dinner with your wife and her friends or hearing your doctor make an off-color comment before he walks into examine you.....it is just in poor taste.

music is something i enjoy both doing and discussing. it is both a creative outlet and escape for me. why would i want to log on to KSS and see a bunch of political threads?

maybe the answer is to create a KSS off-topic sub forum so everyone can BS and talk {censored} without mingling with the rest of the HC forum members.

...cheers to you all

There's rarely more than one at a time (if there's even any) plus it's always been a part of the forum, so I guess it's just something to put up with. I don't know...there's a lot of people that come here as part of the community more than just as part of answering music questions...I used to just do the music stuff but it gets boring and after a while you just kind of end up talking to the people you see in here about other stuff.

I go both ways, generally I don't have enough time to go OT :)

Cheers with the beers! *sip*

• Members

Originally posted by your fat mom

Welcome to KSS, YFM!

If you just stick around here a bit longer you will discover that there is a really good mix here already, about 90% on topic, 10% OT. Removing the OT posts would kill it. We've had really good threads here when a member has a divorce or worse, and a lot of humor as well. Sometimes someone just has something they need to say, and it really fosters a sense of community. As long as it's labeled OT you can just skip it anyway. :)

• Members

#1 What's going on?

#2 Allow OT threads, but use your common sense. OT: MY anus pics should probably not exist on this forum. Ideally, it should be relatively focused as a site for discussion about synthesis, sampling, sound creation and composition. It's better that way.

#3 I guess sometimes people get distracted. That how ya'll feelin' right naw?

Apropos of nothing, I had a bad day today. Had a fight with my boss then had to see her at the gym. It's actually kind of amusing because I didn't recognize her ... honestly ... I'm freelance ...

OOOPS! Back to the music.

• Members

Originally posted by Diametro

Apropos of nothing, I had a bad day today. Had a fight with my boss then had to see her at the gym. It's actually kind of amusing because I didn't recognize her ... honestly ... I'm freelance ...

OOOPS! Back to the music.

Don't think about her, just sing yourself a whiskey lullaby.

• Members

>

Let me make it absolutely clear that I not only tolerate, I encourage those types of threads. When people in an online community help those in the community, that's great...that's what it's all about. There was a guy in the Amps forum whose wife got sick, and within milliseconds, there was a flood of people offering everything from prayers to money. Now that's cool.

I'm not saying this to placate anyone. My SSS forum has been doing exactly this for 10 years. There's plenty of OT there. But there are different types of OT and I believe some of them cross the bounds of what's suitable in a social gathering, which is the issue we're dealing with. Anyway, 99% of you know instinctively what's suitable and what's not anyway, so these kinds of flaps are really pretty inconsequential to the vast majority of people who come here.

• Members

First of all i noticed that a bunch of [deleted] and many cowards who [deleted] [deleted] [deleted]. Same way like when Bush said [deleted] [deleted] just like it has somethign to do [deleted] [deleted] and terrorists [deleted] [deleted] 9/11 and many more [deleted] [deleted] [deleted] Castro and others. It's been known that [deleted] [deleted] Vladimir Putin [deleted] [deleted]!! Communists and Nazi were such [deleted] [deleted] . [deleted] [deleted] [deleted] in the middle east!

It's a big piece of [deleted] [deleted] if you ask me.

• Members

Political threads suck, they are nothing but someone's attempt to ram their {censored}ty political philosophy down others throats and they are always started by the same small group of close minded people who literally know nothing about what they are talking about.

I didn't report the recent ones but I have not problem reporting any future political threads. If you want to talk about politics go to the political forums, duh.

• Members

It could be argued that probably ten percent of the threads posted in here belong in other forums too, though, like the Audio Interface thread. Then there are threads that nobody has a problem with which are against written HC policies, like the SPAM: (FEELER) Fizmo, PolySix, Odyssey MK I thread. I don't understand why these are welcomed and a political thread can cause such a {censored}storm.

We all tolerate a little, and we all get a hell of a lot more back. That's not just a forum philosophy, that's a life philosophy.

It's just as easy to not click any of the threads, which is what I do...in fact it's easier than reporting it and typing up a description. In fact I'd say I find a lot of stuff on here incredibly uninteresting and useless to me, but do you hear me bitching? No. I just....don't....get it.

:confused:

Doesn't seem right to report only the political threads, man.

• Members

Originally posted by Anderton

>

This is a great point in KSS community.

I have seen some personel threads, due to a love finishing, or health, or needing a personal advice that was really great.

Some threads become so good I saved some of then for reference.

• Members

Originally posted by Umbra

Political threads suck, they are nothing but someone's attempt to ram their {censored}ty political philosophy down others throats and they are always started by the same small group of close minded people who literally know nothing about what they are talking about.

I didn't report the recent ones but I have not problem reporting any future political threads. If you want to talk about politics go to the political forums, duh.

well you know, we actually all took a vote when dave bryce started as moderator to keep or remove OT topics including OT-Pol and guess what, the forum voted to allow for off topic content.

like has been said dozens of times before. you don't like it? don't read it. duh. :rolleyes:

to go and report threads based solely on the fact that they annoy you, not even because of offensive content is complete and utter bull{censored}.

• Members

>

FYI -- We don't act on all complaints by any means. Some reported posts are just from people whining and we ignore those. There has to be something that's pretty problematic for a thread to be edited, deleted, or a warning issued.

It's like the guy with the avatar comparing moderators to Hitler. A couple people thought I should be upset because it's such a drama queen kind of thing, but hey, it's someone's right to be a drama queen and it's basically harmless, so there's no way I'm going to remove it. I mean, the Hitler thing is almost an internet joke, as in "As soon as people start mentioning Hitler, it's time to close a thread."

Granted, I'm not particularly proud of that night in Bangkok with the three college girls and the poodles (although to be fair, some important product safety flaws were discovered regarding Crisco and PVC waterbeds). But I've never directed the slaughter of millions of people, burned books, started a world war, invaded France or Poland, or bombed the crap out of Britain, so there are some significant differences. (Although admittedly, I've visited France, and got bombed in Britain on Dewar's.)

• Members

Granted, I'm not particularly proud of that night in Bangkok with the three college girls and the poodles

I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine.

But thanks for sharing.

Uh, we're done haranguing now, right? Or did I jump the gun again?

• Members

>

FYI -- We don't act on all complaints by any means. Some reported posts are just from people whining and we ignore those. There has to be something that's pretty problematic for a thread to be edited, deleted, or a warning issued.

It's like the guy with the avatar comparing moderators to Hitler. A couple people thought I should be upset because it's such a drama queen kind of thing, but hey, it's someone's right to be a drama queen and it's basically harmless, so there's no way I'm going to remove it. I mean, the Hitler thing is almost an internet joke, as in "As soon as people start mentioning Hitler, it's time to close a thread."

Granted, I'm not particularly proud of that night in Bangkok with the three college girls and the poodles (although to be fair, some important product safety flaws were discovered regarding Crisco and PVC waterbeds). But I've never directed the slaughter of millions of people, burned books, started a world war, invaded France or Poland, or bombed the crap out of Britain, so there are some significant differences. (Although admittedly, I've visited France, and got bombed in Britain on Dewar's.)

No need to invade france ,,,, just make a scary face and they will surrender .. lol rat

• Members

Puh-lease. It's not a Hitler thing - it's a Big Brother thing. You're buying into the hysterical reaction of other people to my avatar. You clearly don't know your history of facial hair - Hitler wasn't the first and only person to sport the short, block style moustache; it was very common back then (in Orwell's time specifically) up until he came to prominence.

Drama queen? Indeed. In other words you'd prefer we lay down and take our lumps like good sheep? No complaints, Craig? Is that what you'd like from us?

Archived