dead korg dw8000 battery

dfibraio

• Members

Hi, everybody. I bought a used Korg dw8000 but none of the sounds are staying in memory. I can write them, but if I turn the machine off and unplug it, when I turn it back on, all my sounds are gone and really weird ones are in its place. I am assuming this means the battery is dead. Where can I get a new one, how much does this cost and what will it take to replace it? I bought this thing fr $25 from guitar center, yeah, I beat the {censored} out of them for it, and I want to get it working. Thanks.

• Members

Hehe, i got mine cheap and when i came home and turned it on, the few saved sounds i had done at the sellers while testing were gone :eek:

Additionally some keys were responding rather erratically.

So i opened it up, and lo and behold: It had had the battery replacement, and while it was open, it did everything as it should, responded to all the keys and so forth.

So i closed the lid again - and the problems reappeared :eek:

This was before i had read anything about the battery replacement procedure on the net, but after a few open/close sessions it was obvious that the only thing that could cause the behaviour i saw was that the battery made contact with something on some board that it shoudn't.

I isolated the battery with tape, and have since then had a fully functional DW8000 with the Angel City upgrade. Yay!

• Members
Originally posted by Awake77

You got the Angel City upgrade?! Nice....the only way I would sell mine would be to get one with that installed:) How much did you pay for yours may I ask?

Unless you are in Scandinavia it probably won't seem cheap to you, but i paid about 100 USD, and was aware that there were some slight problems - because the seller had told me that he only used it as a soundmodule with some editing software.

Archived