New Format - too many Stickies ?

Jed

• Moderators

I apologize for my comment.

Should have been more tactful.

Well, I don't know this "Noone" guy, but I'm pretty sure that if Virgman starts even talking about being "more tactful" the earth may well fall of it's axis, gravity as we know it would end, birds would be jettisoned into space and I would magically play anything that came to mind - so all in all not a bad trade-off.

cheers,

• Members

With the new format of the forum, suddenly I find myself distracted by the number of sticky threads we have at the top of the forum. I'll contact Poparad to see if we can find a way to reduce all of those posts into some kind of indexed link listing.

Meanwhile, am I the only one that hates Stickies? I generally use a lap-top to view the forum so my screen space may be more limited that yours.

I look forward to your comments.

Jed: I absolutely agree. Please do something about them. The best way would be to have one thread with some sub-categories. Regards, Steadfastly.

• Moderators

and so it is done.

I'll need your input for language to describe the various index's links. And of course we'll have to write a "proper" welcome statement, but in the meantime the previous stickies have been linked - everything seems to work, feel free to check though.

cheers,

• Members

Oh no...a sign of the end times...a discussion about being more tactful on the internet.

But seriously, I think this is a good approach and I will steal it for other forums :)

One suggestion: Put one or two exclamation points after the thread title. Anything to get people's attention.

• Members

Oh no...a sign of the end times...a discussion about being more tactful on the internet.

But seriously, I think this is a good approach and I will steal it for other forums :)

One suggestion: Put one or two exclamation points after the thread title. Anything to get people's attention.

• Members

and so it is done.

I'll need your input for language to describe the various index's links. And of course we'll have to write a "proper" welcome statement, but in the meantime the previous stickies have been linked - everything seems to work, feel free to check though.

cheers,

Jed: Excellent! Now could we work on feeding the hungry? Regards, Steadfastly.

• Members

Descriptions:

Lesson Loft's: Official-Suggestion-Thread

Use this thread to post suggestions about lessons that should be in the Official Lesson Thread.

(I think the title of this should be changed to "Official Lesson Suggestion Thread"

Lesson Loft's: Official-Lesson-Thread

This is a master thread of useful posts and lessons that members post on various subjects.

Lesson Loft's: Ultimate-Lesson-Thread

People post links to lessons in this thread.

GreanAsJade's: A-lesson-a-day...

Entires into The Guitar Lesson Guide, both lessons and reviews of lessons, get posted here.

(Note that my nick actually has double e in it ;) )

??'s: Instructional Video Reviews

People post links to reviews of intructional videos here, which also makes it good for finding new instructional videos.

(It's Dr Jimmy's thread)

GreanAsJade's: Would-you-like-some-help-tabbing-something?

Read this before you ask for help in tabbing something.

(Note that my nick actually has double e in it ;) )

Archived