Rock Chicks Gallery

fuzzface71

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Speeddemon

I take it that Bilbo Baggins took up the DIY stuff after the loss of his precioussss.
:confused::rolleyes:

(thus making Jadesky smaller than 4ft! )

Hey man...that is the one, the only, BOB MOOG. don't diss the man...:cool:

• Members
Originally posted by fuzzface71

Some of of you have a stash of forumite jadesky's picture?
:confused::eek:

jadesky works for me, so she shared that band pic with me. i took that picture of her with bob moog holding my latest creation, a prototype vacuum tube hi-fi stereo monitor amplifier (1 watt) that's actually smaller than the nano head. bob has been a great supporter of my tiny approach to old-school technology... it started when he first picked up a seek-wah in my NAMM booth years ago and exclaimed "i love this!" two years ago (2003) at NAMM he was cackling in my booth over the nano head ("it's got little tubes in it! {censored}!") and this year he burst into laughter as i walked into his 50th anniversary moog booth (50 years of manufacturing, starting with his dad making tube theremin kits) when he saw my little iMP amp. he's a great guy, and quite an amazing legend.
jadesky and i are both proud to know him.

iMPstraightsmall.jpg

iMPanglesmall.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by CosmicDebris

Damn 14 pages of rock chicks and not one mention of:

Janis Joplin

Joan Jett

Annie Lennox

Heart

Sheryl crow,,,and my list goes on

and we call ouselves rockers...

I posted the Runaways on the first page... Also, I love 70's wilson sisters, but I think that since Anne let herself go people just don't look at them the same.

Also, it appears damn hard to dig up any cool 70's shots of the girls.

• Members
Originally posted by zachary vex

jadesky works for me, so she shared that band pic with me. i took that picture of her with bob moog holding my latest creation, a prototype vacuum tube hi-fi stereo monitor amplifier (1 watt) that's actually smaller than the nano head. bob has been a great supporter of my tiny approach to old-school technology... it started when he first picked up a seek-wah in my NAMM booth years ago and exclaimed "i love this!" two years ago (2003) at NAMM he was cackling in my booth over the nano head ("it's got little tubes in it! {censored}!") and this year he burst into laughter as i walked into his 50th anniversary moog booth (50 years of manufacturing, starting with his dad making tube theremin kits) when he saw my little iMP amp. he's a great guy, and quite an amazing legend.

jadesky and i are both proud to know him.

iMPstraightsmall.jpg

iMPanglesmall.jpg

VERY nice!!! The etched glass faceplate it extremely classy. I don't suppose that's going to become a production item though, is it?

• Members
Originally posted by rockstrongo

VERY nice!!! The etched glass faceplate it extremely classy. I don't suppose that's going to become a production item though, is it?

yes, i am working feverishly on moving the that very model of the iMP into production. world's smallest 1 watt, hi-fi, tube stereo power amp, smaller than the nano (no fan). independent linear toroidal power supplies for the tubes. barrier strip terminals for 8-16 ohm speaker connection, 10k input impedance w/rca inputs. internal trimmers for setting level and balance to match your system. uses 1000mA 12VAC supply for power. output is class a-b with B+ of 175VDC. expected tube lifetime in excess of 100,000 hours.

i think it's sexier than most girls in rock, but then, i'm an old gearhead. heh. here's its rear shot.

iMpampprototype2D.jpg

Archived