What's everyones favorite chorus pedals?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would say my DOD Mini Chorus (mxr box) but lately I've been thinking I should trade it for an Electric Mistress.

It's an EH Small Clone copy in an mxr housing, but with a depth knob instead of a two-position switch like the Small Clone. Same set up as the Clone Clone, and sounds great.

Clone-type choruses are really the only ones I tend to like - I never really liked the smooth, 'pop' eighties chorus sounds. The Clone-type chorus just seems so more 'dimensional' and rich sounding.

Still, I've been jonesing for a Mistress lately and I wonder if it couldn't do the job the DOD has been doing until now, and maybe more. I liked the filter option and thought that there was a larger wealth of sound in the EM. That said, anyone interested?

• Members

I don't understand how anyone can really like the CE2...I gave mine away for 10 bucks and don't miss it agt all.

I have foxrox TXf which is really nice and an EHX Clone for the pure chorus effect, and I haven't heard anything better.

• Members
Originally posted by StratStevo

After 35 years of playing....this is my favorite, and yes I sold my Boss CE-1, what a hyped up POS
:rolleyes:

cf1_lg.jpg

weird thing opinion, I thought the exact opposite, of course I use my CE-1 as a Vib most of the time. My Chorus list (*=kept)

#1. Ibanez CS-505 (18v glory) *
#2. DOD 460 (Chorus/Flange & Vibrato with only two knobs?) *
#3. Boss CE-1 (The chorus side isn't very versatile)*
#4 EH Small CLone (almost as good as the CS-505, but still not tht versatile)
#5. Boss CE-2 (I've bought three or so of these, and they're better than the Ibanex CS-9)
#6. Ibanez CS-9 (wewewewewewe, it's Lavender!)

I cam't rate my Clone Theory because unfortunitly it makes a loud modulation noise whne the effect is engaged, even when I'm not playing.:mad:

• Members
Originally posted by Fingermush

I cam't rate my Clone Theory because unfortunitly it makes a loud modulation noise whne the effect is engaged, even when I'm not playing.
:mad:

It sounds as though you are experiencing clock noise, a common issue with this pedal. Where have you placed the Clone Theory in your rig? Have you adjusted the internal trimmers at all?

• Members
Originally posted by ck3

It sounds as though you are experiencing clock noise, a common issue with this pedal. Where have you placed the Clone Theory in your rig? Have you adjusted the internal trimmers at all?

I've noodled with the trim pots a few times, but they're not labeled so I have to mark 'em and play by ear.

I have an SM-58 plugged into it, then it runs into a Stereo Memory Man. I use them for weird vocal effects. Exterminate.:cool:

• Members

I've noodled with the trim pots a few times, but they're not labeled so I have to mark 'em and play by ear.

I have an SM-58 plugged into it, then it runs into a Stereo Memory Man. I use them for weird vocal effects. Exterminate.
:cool:

It's cool that you were able to be innovative and turn piss into lemonade. I have similar issues with mine, but only when I run my Static Egg, French Toast, or cascade either with other dirt.

• Members
Originally posted by Last Nerve

The FoxRox TZF can do some amazing chorus sounds, but the flanger is too damn good to use it for that!

The Red Witch Medusa has grown on me. Just a wealth of great chorus tones all across the spectrum.

If I had the room, I'd pick up the Analogman Bi-Chorus, just to have the Leslie preset.

Amen. Amen. And Amen :cool:

The Red Witch, the TZF and the BiChorus (my current Pedal Pick of the Month) are all world class at what they do - what a wonderful age we're living in Bro's! :eek:

And it's because the BiChorus and the Red Witch and the TZF have all peaked my interest and my creativity bone with all these layered lush soundscapes - so today while I was visiting my favorite pawn shop - I found a vintage Ibanez Chorus (you know -the one with the square on/off button) for $59. I grabbed it up immediately without even thinking about it. It's so surreal and real at the same time. I can literally swim in all of these pedals. :cool:

• Members

I like the Arion SCH-z, the SCH-1 (I kinda like the z a little better, it does have a volume boost, but I can get around that, so no problem)...I liked the DOD 460 chorus I had a little while, I'd like to have another some day.

• Members

I kinda miss the French Toast pedal. Another thing that's wrong with my CT s that the boost switch doesn't do anything.

Interesting ... you have the earlier version, I believe. Mine is the later one with a "Vib/Flange" mode. Anyway, the "Edge" switch should make it extremely piercing when engaged ... or so I have read.

• Members

weird thing opinion, I thought the exact opposite, of course I use my CE-1 as a Vib most of the time.

Yea...crazy ain't it? I am not even sure if my CE-1 was even in 100% working order when I had it, it was the only one I have played :confused:

• Members

Well, last night I did a shootout with the Guyatone MC3 & the Arion SCH-1 (old grey face one) The MC3 has a volume boost that distorts my cleans, and not a whole lot of range to it, so it's going back. The SCH-1 is THE chorus I've been searching for!!!
Anything from light airy doubling to killer Leslie warbles and the tone control allows crispy highs to get thru. Got it from my drummer for $50. It's mint, too! The best I've used yet, and dead silent when engaged too.

• Members
Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee

And it's because the BiChorus and the Red Witch and the TZF have all peaked my interest and my creativity bone with all these layered lush soundscapes - so today while I was visiting my favorite pawn shop - I found a vintage Ibanez Chorus (you know -the one with the square on/off button) for $59. I grabbed it up immediately without even thinking about it. It's so surreal and real at the same time. I can literally
swim
in all of these pedals.
:cool:

Nice score, Rev!

Had that one before and it is a good pedal.

Archived