OT: Sometimes it's best not to cut your hair when you're bored

• Members

Picture Spock (bangs) crossed with Jakob Dylan (very similar, long in the back, short in the front) of the Wallflowers and Courtney Taylor (have similar sideburns) of the Dandy Warhols.

Somtimes it's best not to cut hair when you're bored. This is the one lesson in life I haven't learned. Oh well, it's just hair and I'm single, so what the {censored} do I care?

spock.gif

+

k9d3eb62.jpg

+

83550_lg.jpg

man am I an idiot

• Members

I once cut my own hair. I did it with a pair of scissors in the mirror. I didn't think I did that bad of a job at it. I had really long hair at the time, and I cut most of the sides and some of the top off. The real problem began when I introduced the razor into the mix. It was an electric beard trimmer, which wasn't exactly the best move on my part. That's where the whole thing went to hell. It took me about 20 minutes to cut my own hair in the mirror. It took me about another two hours or so to get it evened out in the mirror. It was really {censored}ing short after that. Since then, I usually just go to the barber.

• Members

i just did mine last week, first time i've touched my own hair with a trimmer or scissors but like you i was bored and the heat was killing me... unlike you i have a wife that fixed most the {censored} ups and it doesn't look so bad now... though it's closer to your pic of spock than anything :(

• Members

damn gabe, that's harsh.

I've cut my own hair numerous times, but my sister's pretty good, but she moved out last year and I use to make it her give cut my hair for all my lame ass arty hair-do's. But now I just do it myself again or get it cut every few months, it sucks.

Ah well, who cares, I'm single and will probably stay that way now.

And no one likes a quitter, that's what I tell all my smoking friends.

• Members

I just got a really screwed up haircut from a friend who is an $85 hairstylist.

We both work together in the same salon (I cut hair also). I had a few shows with two different rock bands coming up so I asked one of my colleges to cut an inch off of my shag haircut because it was almost at my shoulders. And the stupid lunatic woman picks up her straight razor and whacks three inches off the back, and tells me she thought I needed it a little shorter. But she leaves the sides kind of long so it looks like a freakin' pageboy.

So I come home and my wife (who is not a haircutter) sees this screwed up mess, and freaks out, so she tries to fix it, but it's looks like a bad chopped up mess.

When I get to work the next day, none of my other co-workers want to fix the damn haircut, because the lunatic who cut it always goes into a rage if someone else touches one of her haircuts.

So I've been chopping at the mess myself all week. WTF, I

• Members
Originally posted by orourke

I just got a really screwed up haircut from a friend who is an $85 hairstylist.

We both work together in the same salon (I cut hair also). I had a few shows with two different rock bands coming up so I asked one of my colleges to cut an inch off of my shag haircut because it was almost at my shoulders. And the stupid lunatic woman picks up her straight razor and whacks three inches off the back, and tells me she thought I needed it a little shorter. But she leaves the sides kind of long so it looks like a freakin' pageboy.

So I come home and my wife (who is not a haircutter) sees this screwed up mess, and freaks out, so she tries to fix it, but it's looks like a bad chopped up mess.

When I get to work the next day, none of my other co-workers want to fix the damn haircut, because the lunatic who cut it always goes into a rage if someone else touches one of her haircuts.

So I've been chopping at the mess myself all week. WTF, I

• Members

I need a haircut. It's summer and I'm bald. I think I'm gonna take it on down. :cool:

I'm still a bit scared. I don't know why other than the mental thing that I had of having hair halfway to my ass for 15 years of my life... But yeah, I think I want to go supershort.

• Members
Originally posted by Thelonius

I need a haircut. It's summer and I'm bald. I think I'm gonna take it on down.
:cool:

I'm still a bit scared. I don't know why other than the mental thing that I had of having hair halfway to my ass for 15 years of my life... But yeah, I think I want to go supershort.

Do it, be cool like me! I've got sort of a GI haircut, buzzed to the scalp around the back and sides and slightly longer on top, but with sideburns and a goatee. Last haircut I had was buzzed to the scalp all over! Damn, that haircut feels good in 90-plus degree weather.

• Members
Originally posted by Thelonius

I need a haircut. It's summer and I'm bald. I think I'm gonna take it on down.
:cool:

It's the only way to go at this point. Bald guy with ponytail = bad lawyer. You don't wanna be that guy.

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

It's the only way to go at this point. Bald guy with ponytail = bad lawyer. You don't wanna be that guy.

LOL!!! I agree with that. I chopped my ponytail off when I realized the bit of hair that I'd lost was going to continue in that direction and not reverse itself. Here in the south those aren't bad lawyers as much as bikers and guys who are waiting for hair metal to come back and then they're going to jump on.

I just think I'll get it shorter than it even is now.

Archived