Who are your wife/girlfriend/ex's favorite muppets?

jcn37203

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by jcn37203

See this is my problem, it just doesn't seem right that this...

emayhem.jpg

and this...

CookieMonster.jpg

is the same {censored}.

I know, I'm wrong, I am OK with that. I'm just saying it doesn't seem right.

you wouldn't have had the electric mayham without cookie as the pioneer. cookie, harry, grover, tele; those monsters paved the way. credit where credit is due.

• Members

When is this thing hitting the stands?

And when is your big album coming out?

Your fans are dying to know!

I checked up further on this on Wednesday and it turns out that I busted my ass for the year, coming up with that CD format and a {censored}load of titles, not to mention that one that I wrote, and here's why it's in limbo:

1. That Dollar Spot area in Target had promised us to have these there, but I guess the company that puts most of the stuff in those is owned by a relative of a higher up at Target. So now that company's {censored} is only going to be there.

2. Since these were planned and designed for that $1 pricepoint (a total steal for the customer; CDs had either 20 songs or 10 stories), other places (even {censored}in' Sam's Club and Walmart) say that's too inexpensive to sell in their actual electronics/media sections because it's not fair to the other, more expensive stuff. So there's no place for us to sell them.

3. So, I hadn't been told, and had been checking the warehouse and bugging the warehouse guys and everything, but the order sent to China had been canceled.

4. So, now we're repackaging the stuff to sell in more expensive lots or groups of stuff. Like a pack of four CDs or something. Maybe with songbooks included.

I'm so pissed off about it right now...I guess I see each of my projects or formats as too close or something. So I get offended when something {censored}s up. I mean, it's no trouble for me that this happened; I'm super productive as it is, so I've got bunches of other projects that are going great. It's just that I wanted that CD to {censored}ing hit stores!

• Members

That might have been possible, until we expanded the definition of 'muppet' to include half of everything in the universe.

:mad:

So {censored} all their definitions of 'muppet.' Just use the character you think are muppets, because you're the one creating the girlfriend traits for each muppet, not them.

• Members

Man, the muppets are awesome. Did anyone check out the Muppet Movie when it came out on dvd; on the bonus features it's got Henson and Oz just taping themselves as Fozzy and Kermit out in the countryside, just having mindless conversations. Totally awesome.

And Dark Crystal, I was hoping to be the first to drop in some Chamberlain reference; such a great example of a pathetic character. Though, geez, Jen was an annoying, annoying muppet.

• Members

my girlfriend says gonzo

i say either swedish chef or pigs in space as a collective. although that only applies to muppets from the muppet show.

when i was a kid and my parents were working on names for my little brother i told them that if the baby was a boy we had to name it oscar. and if it was a girl we were selling it but that we could keep a girl if we named it maria after oscars sister.

he ended up being named zachary

• Members

from that wiki link. this should clear things up.

Famous Muppets include Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Bert and Ernie, the Swedish Chef, and Oscar the Grouch. The most widely known television shows featuring Muppets are Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, and The Muppet Show. Muppets also appeared on some early episodes of Saturday Night Live. Other, less popular series have included The Jim Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight. The puppet characters of Farscape, The Storyteller, The Hoobs, and Dinosaurs, as well as from the films Labyrinth, The Empire Strikes Back, and The Dark Crystal, are not considered Muppets, although they were also made by the Jim Henson Creature Shop. For a history of Jim Henson's Muppets, see Jim Henson.

• Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

I'm actually working on a project titled that right now. I have a pencil sketch of Grover in a French Foreign Legion hat staring at me on my desk. I love Grover. And I hate Elmo.

I heart Grover too. It's hard to say who my personal favorite Muppet really is, but with a gun to my head, I go with Grover.

• Members
Originally posted by Weatherbox

jpagey linked this thread on the gear page to demonstrate how HC has gone to hell. The man has a keen sense of irony.

Hehe...after all the religious and political fluff he engaged in....ironic doesn't seem the right word.;)

• 5 months later...

Archived