Who are your wife/girlfriend/ex's favorite muppets?

jcn37203

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My wife said she will not be held down to such a decision and quite vehement about it.

However I do know that she has an affitity for Rolf, and she did mention Fozzie as being a favorite.

My favorite muppets from the muppet show were Zoot, and the dude that was all like "manamana"

Although the Muppet show is one of my favorite shows of all time (just got the DVD) my favorite muppets were from Sesame Street. Ernie's a classic. Cookie Monster. And of course Forgetful Jones.

That guy was a nut man. He was a cowboy and forgot how to ride a horse.

• Members

My wife has a thing for Ernie. Which explains why she likes me, I guess.

Me, I'm a Janice guy all the way. She reminds me of this girl I made out with back in high school. She freaked me out (long after we'd made out...in the concession stand during a wrestling meet) when she pulled out a picture of her dead brother (the wrestling team captain, who was a lot older than me and who was killed when his car was hit by a train) during american government class. She was hot, though. Like Janice.

I'm also VERY into Statler and Waldorf.

• Members
Originally posted by Central Scrutinizer

this includes all sesame street and fraggle rock characters that had a human hand (or 2 or 3) up their ass.

henson.jpg

Personally, I'm more partial to Sesame Street Muppets (excluding Elmo). But they all have their place, though Miss Piggy doesn't really do much for me. I'm a big Cookie Monster fan, in addition to liking Bert & Ernie, Grover, and Oscar the Grouch. Having a kid has now given me an excuse to enjoy that show again.

• Members

From my own professional point of few I have a question. ( I work with people with a chalange as Americans call them.)
Do Bert and Ernie have help from relatives or neighbours? I don't understand how two people who seem to be mentally handicapted cope, financially. Or how do they make up with the neighbours when Ernie is counting sheeps, or fireengines up loud.
And the same with that other guy: Grover. Imagine him working in your favourite restaurant. Impossible he can keep a job for 2 minutes. These are the rollmodels for my 2 kids. And they like Sesamestreet very much. What will happen to my kids? End up like a bunch of losers themselfs?:(

• Members
Originally posted by Nico de Roode

From my own professional point of few I have a question. ( I work with people with a chalange as Americans call them.)

Do Bert and Ernie have help from relatives or neighbours? I don't understand how two people who seem to be mentally handicapted cope, financially. Or how do they make up with the neighbours when Ernie is counting sheeps, or fireengines up loud.

And the same with that other guy: Grover. Imagine him working in your favourite restaurant. Impossible he can keep a job for 2 minutes. These are the rollmodels for my 2 kids. And they like Sesamestreet very much. What will happen to my kids? End up like a bunch of losers themselfs?
:(

You are officially no longer allowed to watch Sesame Street :mad:

• Members

Originally posted by 4Kenoath

My favourite were those two old cunts in the balcony...hehe, best hecklers ever.

Problem with this theory is that the muppets haven't been shown on tv here for about 20 years...not a question for the young babes.

Not even the movies?

We haven't had the TV show in syndication in years either. But we still have the movies.

I wonder if today's teens and younger know the Muppets at all.

• Members

Speaking of Muppets, I emailed Kevin yesterday to tell him of my great success in a Sesame Street book I'm beginning to do...It's about Grover and Elmo traveling the globe and as all of the humans that are depicted will be Muppets, I've gotten the go ahead to creat a muppet mountie, a muppet mummy, a muppet mime, and a muppet Buddhist monk....

This'll be the coolest book ever. Save for the NASCAR book I recently did. I just got an advance copy from our Chinese printer yesterday and it has more titties and moustaches than I even remembered putting into it. It's amazing. Like if Daisy Duke had an auto wreck with 1970s-era Skynyrd.

• Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

Speaking of Muppets, I emailed Kevin yesterday to tell him of my great success in a Sesame Street book I'm beginning to do...It's about Grover and Elmo traveling the globe and as all of the humans that are depicted will be Muppets, I've gotten the go ahead to creat a muppet mountie, a muppet mummy, a muppet mime, and a muppet Buddhist monk....

I've noticed that on the current show, Grover has assumed the r

• Members

i disagree that grover isn't a muppet. he most definitely is, as are the fraggles.

booooo!

then you have to include all the dark crystal creatures, labrinth puppets, and david bowie

not to mention lots of those creatures existated as drawing by brian froise(sp?) before they were ever made in to what you would classify as a "muppet"

• Members

Originally posted by BillyGrahamCracker

I LOVE that movie. It's one of the few parts of the 1980s that I treasure. The only movies that I like anymore from that decade are Labyrinth, Iron Eagle, and Back to the Future.

It is a very good movie.

So is Dark Crystal, in case you've never seen it.

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

It is a very good movie.

So is Dark Crystal, in case you've never seen it.

I saw it ages ago. I'll see if the library has it the next time I stop by. Hmmm. That makes me think, what are my favorite 1980s movies (and Star Wars and Indiana Jones ones don't count; they're timeless).

1. Die Hard

2. Back to the Future

3. Iron Eagle

4. Labyrinth

5. La Bamba

Archived