Who are your wife/girlfriend/ex's favorite muppets?

jcn37203

• Members

(That subject line is the most awkwardly-worded thing I've ever written, but I can't figure out a better way to phrase it).

I used to have a system, back when I was dating, of telling what kind of person a girl was by her favorite muppet.

If you really think about it, it's a good system.

And rule #1 is if she doesn't have a favorite muppet, let her go.

Go ahead, call up your woman, or just ask her if she's sitting nearby, who is her favorute muppet?

My fiance's favorite muppet is Beaker. Which explains a *lot* about why she's with me, and why she only gets turned on when I speak by only moving my bottom lip and emitting high-pitched meeping noises.

If you don't have a sig-o right now, do you know who your ex's favorite muppet was? This could shed some insight on why it didn't work out.

I mean, a Kermit girl just isn't going to work out with a swedish chef guy. Just isn't going to work.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by UncleDig

And she demands that you provide some further and complete analysis.

I might have to write a book about this, or just pay Ginnboonmiller to write it.

There are lots of muppets, their personalities are intricate and the analysis requires subtle deduction. It's hard to develop a general theory of muppet relativity. I'm just saying it works, if you take a step back and think about it.

• Members

Originally posted by GPD

I'm a Pepe le Prawn kinda guy

I think Janice digs the Swedish Chef and Gonzo.

My ex was a Ms. Piggy lover. I should have known we were doomed!!!!!

Pepe and Swede aren't too far apart from one another.

BTW, liking Gonzo is a sure-fire sign she's a freak in bed.

Am I wrong?

Eh?

• Members

The other man, and probably the reason we're getting separated:
inside-grover.jpg
She has said repeatedly over the years how she wanted to be married to him. She has even talked about his throbbing furry blue muppet meat. :eek: She said it would probably be very cute. :)

• Members
Originally posted by jcn37203

Pepe and Swede aren't too far apart from one another.

BTW, liking Gonzo is a sure-fire sign she's a freak in bed.

Am I wrong?

Eh?

You are not far off. It's always the quiet ones. ;)

Which reminds me where did I put the fuzzy cuffs, root beer flavored lube, and that paddle?

• Members
Originally posted by JimVW

The other man, and probably the reason we're getting separated:

inside-grover.jpg
She has said repeatedly over the years how she wanted to be married to him. She has even talked about his throbbing furry blue muppet meat.
:eek:
She said it would probably be very cute.
:)

Grover's a very good-natured guy. Honest to a fault and very generous. I've always thought of you as the Grover of HCEF.

BTW: Technically, Grover isn't a muppet. But close enough.

• Members
Originally posted by JimVW

If my soon-to-be-ex ever heard you say that, she'd cut off your furry blue muppet meat!
:mad:

Grover lives on Sesame Street. He guest starred on The Muppet Show once or twice, but so did Alice Cooper and Smokey Robinson. I don't think we'd call the other two muppets.

... or maybe they are.

:confused:

• Members

Originally posted by jcn37203

Also, re: Mrs. Piggy girls, and I'm sure GPD can voich for this, they are *very* high maintenance.

+1000000000000000

It didn't help that she was a Kelley of Kelley Blue Book fame.

• Members

Originally posted by Central Scrutinizer

the company ink loved fozzy.

i disagree that grover isn't a muppet. he most definitely is, as are the fraggles.

We're talking Muppets as in proper nouns, as in regular cast members of The Muppet Show. Not just anything Jim Henson ever created.

• Members

Oh {censored}, here we go. What criteria are you using to define "Muppet"??

Grover was on the original Sesame Street. He is a Muppet, IMO.

Fraggles were not on the original Sesame Street. It's debatable whether you should call them Muppets or not.

Ms Piggy (for example) was on the Muppet Show. Is that what you're using to define Muppets?

I think Jim Henson and Frank Oz called them all Muppets, so maybe that's where we should be taking our cue?

• Members

Originally posted by UncleDig

Oh {censored}, here we go. What criteria are you using to define "Muppet"??

Grover was on the original Sesame Street. He is a Muppet, IMO.

Fraggles were not on the original Sesame Street. It's debatable whether you should call them Muppets or not.

Ms Piggy (for example) was on the Muppet Show. Is that what you're using to define Muppets?

I think Jim Henson and Frank Oz called them all Muppets, so maybe that's where we should be taking our cue?

I guess maybe its a personal thing. I mean, there's muppet as in from the muppet show (thats my definition, since the muppet show had a different personality than Sesame Street) but then there's the general term muppet as in any puppet made from foam rubber and fake fur.

So, to me, the muppets were only on the muppet show.

Here's a website

http://www.kermitage.com/html/characterindex/tms/index.html

It lists the muppets, and it does have some sesame street characters (Grover, B. Bird, Burt, etc) but it takes care to specify that they were guest stars. For instance, Oscar does not appear to be on the list.

Archived