buildyourownclone.com tonebender/fuzzface clones

teardrop

I just built a BYOC Fuzz Face clone, and it turned out really nice. The instructions were good (except for the missing biasing information) and the sound is cool. I don't have any vintage or boutique fuzz pedals to directly compare it to "side by side", but I've heard a lot of fuzz pedals in my day, and this sounds as good as anything I've ever heard... but then again, there are a lot of different "flavors" of fuzz out there. I like slamming the front of it with my HBE Germania treble boost pedal - that, through my THD Univalve or a Guytronix Gilmore Jr sounds great!

If you can solder, it's an easy build... I wish BYOC had some clips of it on their site (they don't, but most of their other pedals have clips), but hopefully I'll be able to get some tracked this week and post them.

Again, if you can solder, I give the fuzz kit two thumbs up.

Phil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gifPhil-Thumbs-Up-Small.gif

:)

• Members

i built the tonebender, it was great fun doing and it sounds as on the clips online. its a great pedal and really easy to built.

the only thing whats somewhat "bad" about it, the tonebender circuit is in reverse voltage, means the - of the power supply is actually the + and vice versa.

this means you can't daisy chain it with a one spot (or other kind of powersupply) and other pedals cause it shortcut the others (no harm to the pedals but they don't work together).

so you need a seperate power supply for it if you don't want to use batteries or have a pedalpower 2 :(

this is nothing special of the bender circuit of byoc, its how the tonebender is/was designed.

i also built the phase90 clone and i love it :)

Archived