OT - Futurama... The best sitcom ever in the history of the universe?

Kid_A

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by mrblackbat

Best sitcom ever was Fawlty Towers. Didn't start slowly and didn't get tired (only two series).

I like Fawlty Towers but theres good reason for it being only two series. It would have boring if it went any further.

The simpsons has done season after season, and is only getting tired now.

• Members

Originally posted by blaghaus

I like Fawlty Towers but theres good reason for it being only two series. It would have boring if it went any further.

The simpsons has done season after season, and is only getting tired now.

And the fact they saw that shows its class.

Personally I think the Simpsons took a while to get going. The first series is naff, the second OK.

• Members

Originally posted by ginnboonmiller

It's up there, for sure. You gotta go way, way back, but the last episode of Newhart was total genius, too.

Is that the old Newhart show you're talking about? Where it ended up being a dream? Or the one with Larry, Darryl, and Darryl?

The one line from that Seinfeld episode that will ALWAYS make me die laughing is when Mrs. Costanza says "I come home and find my son treating his body like it was an amusement park." The only other line from Seinfeld that cracks me up that badly is on the episode where Kramer has installed a garbage disposal in his shower and has made dinner for the hypochondriac lady and looks at her totally straight and tells her "I prepared it as I bathed." For some reason, just the way he says it kills me.

Archived