byoc site updated, keith plz read also :)

t_e_l_e

• Members

keith has updated his site, new is tribooster, chorus and a new kit for the fully loaded phaser clone

also the picture gallery is updated, yeah some great clones there :D

keith: the link for the chorus basic kit instructions does not work.

and a couple of days ago someone asked here how to "bias" the chorus he has on the way, he read the instructions of the full kit but there was nothing about how to set the trimpot

cheers

• Members

Originally posted by t_e_l_e

keith has updated his site, new is tribooster, chorus and a new kit for the fully loaded phaser clone

also the picture gallery is updated, yeah some great clones there
:D

keith: the link for the chorus basic kit instructions does not work.

and a couple of days ago someone asked here how to "bias" the chorus he has on the way, he read the instructions of the full kit but there was nothing about how to set the trimpot

cheers

I'm on it. I also answered the biasing question. Did you see the pic of the "rasta phase"? I wonder who build that one.

• Members

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

I saw the update a while back... my main suggestion would be to get some clips of the Fuzz put up.
;)

I put up a new clip. Just one though and it was of the 808. But it was by a customer. I'll start a seperate customer clips gallery when I get enough of them to justify creating a seperate page. I put out an open call for customer clips a while back but no one answered. I know you've got some clips, Phil.

• Members

Originally posted by bigtonemusic

I put up a new clip. Just one though and it was of the 808. But it was by a customer. I'll start a seperate customer clips gallery when I get enough of them to justify creating a seperate page. I put out an open call for customer clips a while back but no one answered. I know you've got some clips, Phil.

I answered beotch....phaser clip

www.musicgearsource.com/script90.html

• Members

Ok...I don't like admitting this, but I only have a dial up connection. I live in the desert. I'm lucky to have a phone. Anyways...I can't download it and save it unless you send it to me in an email.

P.S. You know the Oct addition of most mags are already out. ;)

• Members

Originally posted by tigger_ferret

Ok I'm pretty keen to get into one of the byoc but I can't decide what I want to start with. I'm thinkin maybe the chorus or delay, any suggestions or should I maybe start with the fuzz since it is probably a little easier?

The "fully loaded" versions of new phaser and chorus are pretty complicated. There's a lot of wiring involved. They take me about 3 - 4 hours to build and that's not counting any sort of paintjob. But I still feel that any of the kits could be successfully completed by an absolute beginner as long as that person took their time soldering and read the instructions carefully and asked for help if they came to a step that they didn't quite understand fully. I have a tech support forum for just such instances.

But if you wanted to build up your confidence a little before you took on one of the more complex projects I'd recommend one of the fuzzes or the trem.

• Members

P.S. You know the Oct addition of most mags are already out.
;)

Online mags go AFTER the 1st didnt you know that? HA

Im waiting on some interviews to come back and a few more columns, its looking good.

Did you double check the link I sent? Wanted to make sure I laid it out right.

I still need a pic and I am on dialup also, it blows.

• Members

Originally posted by turtleheadblues

Online mags go AFTER the 1st didnt you know that? HA

Im waiting on some interviews to come back and a few more columns, its looking good.

Did you double check the link I sent? Wanted to make sure I laid it out right.

I still need a pic and I am on dialup also, it blows.

The satallite company sent me a letter today saying I could get internet access through my dish, but it's a $600 installation fee and $99 a month. 7meg transfer rate though. That's fast.

The column looks great BTW. I'll comb my hair and take a pic of myself tomorrow. Maybe I'll do my monthly shave too. Working from home=severe apathy towards one's personal appearence.

Archived