The Band Appreciation Thread

blaghaus

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by blaghaus

I cant decide whose voice i like the best. Probably Rick's.

Rick had the great quirky voice and cool back up parts-Levon's voice also had it's own great character-but i really loved Richard's voice the best. "Sleeping" on Stage Fright has made me cry on occaision...

They really were amazing. Did anybody else get annoyed when critics started comparing Wilco to them a few years back?

1-Sleeping

2-King Harvest

3-Get Up Jake

4-Tears Of Rage

5-Stage Fright

• Members

It requires me to arpeggiate (is that a word?) a lot more that I normally would...

This three piece is a new thing for me... Its a lot more work trying to fill all the corners in as compared to the 5 piece I was in just prior to this... which included a great keyboardist....

*sigh*

• Members

Originally posted by BrianPhase90

It requires me to arpeggiate (is that a word?) a lot more that I normally would...

This three piece is a new thing for me... Its a lot more work trying to fill all the corners in as compared to the 5 piece I was in just prior to this... which included a great keyboardist....

*sigh*

yeah, we lost the other guitarist about 10 months ago. I'm finding it requires me to play out of my style a bit, therefore I'm out of my comfort zone a lot. I'm playing a lot of lead, and I'm just not very good at it!

• Members

We cover Get Up Jake accoustically and king harvest electric. We're a three piece but my brother covers a lot (I mean a whole lot) of terrortory on bass. We definitly co-fill up space. Accoustically i play guitar and he plays mandolin on Get Up Jake which is pretty simple. King Harvest is such a quirky song. Great tune but it really takes awhile before it makes sense playing it...

And Richard is the best singer.

• Members

Love them. Hope there's some good footage of them on the new Dylan movie! Which I haven't seen yet. :(

The Band are horribly underappreciated as being pioneers in the alt country realm. Everyone gives credit to Gram Parsons and rightfully so, but The Band? Come on you can't leave that out!

Archived