Pedals that completely lived up to/exceeded the hype?

Barnabyhuggins

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Menatone Kar Krash is ridiculously priced and ridiculously good. I got one on loan and I can't believe I'm going to do it but I'm going to get it. It's so dynamic and touch sensative I'll be able to replace my two current od's with it. Insanely amazing that it's a friggin pedal.

The DD-20. Boss got it right.

Retrosonic Chorus Ensemble. I don't really like chorus but I remember the CE-1 and what a cool pedal it was....I picked this up in a katrina Relief auction on impulse...This thing takes all the coolness of the CE-1, adds a level knob, (so you can turn up the volume of the effect), and puts it all in a hammond sized box. It smokes any other chorus around like a phat ass joint. I've always had either a pahser/vibe or flanger on my board but this has displaced both. It's made chorus cool for me again...

Zvex Super Duper-I had one. Never turned it off. Sold it. got another one. Currently never turn it off.

• 9 months later...
  • Members

Diamond Memory Lane - The modulation is gorgeous. This is the first delay I've been completely happy with.

Skreddy Mayo - Holy {censored}. On its own it's massive. Boosted with my COT50 and/or Karl and it sounds like the end of the world. Best fuzz I've ever played.

Boomerang+ - Probably the best "tool" I own. Other pedals are for tone... This one's for songwriting and woodshedding.

Peterson Strobostomp - Not much needs to be said about this one.

• Members

Barber Tone Press-- a work of genius, finally I have compression that doesn't squash boost pedals before it. If you think the Ross clones are "transparent," you owe it to yourself to try the Press.

Lovepedal Eternity & Balance-- the sweetest, most responsive overdrives I've ever played. My precious ZIM is actually collecting dust.

MOOG MuRF-- nothing else sounds like it. Totally original and capable of dozens of unique, usable sounds.

Lovetone Doppelganger-- I wouldn't pay outrageous eBay prices, but it's the best 4-stage phaser ever.

EH PolyPhase-- it's about time they reissued this monster. It's Eddie Hazel in a sheet metal box. Too much fun.

Boomerang-- Has enhanced my playing more than any other single piece of gear.

Deluxe Memory Man-- a kuh-lassic.

• Members

i love it when a thread is resurrected and people keep on posting without noticing it's a year old!
:D

but what the hell....here's my answer:

The Empress Tremolo.
man, i hyped the {censored} outta that {censored} and when i finally got it, it lived up to my hype. it's everything i said it would be! :idea:

Archived