I challange RoboPimp to a musical duel

jrak

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No thanks, but I'll that people exist who would describe him as talented - in an indy, coffee house poetry-reading sort of way.

I'm sorry but there's no way. And are we positive this isn't some kind of awesome joke from jrak? It would make a lot more sense if you ask me.

• Members

I'm sure it's for real. Give me a good piece of an acid tablet and I might start liking it in some; WTF! he totally understands my feelings right now, YEAH!!! Wow! But I'm not tripping...

He sort of reminds me of Syd Barrett before he got booted from Pink Floyd. Just putting random mashes of {censored} together. But on it's own it's just a big WTF?! I'm sure with a combination of the right band, lyrics and a real strong rhythm section it could pass for some decent Psychedelica. But dude it's not 1967 anymore...?

My $0.02.

• Members

I'm sure it's for real. Give me a good piece of an acid tablet and I might start liking it in some; WTF! he totally understands my feelings right now, YEAH!!! Wow! But I'm not tripping...

He sort of reminds me of Syd Barrett before he got booted from Pink Floyd. Just putting random mashes of {censored} together. But on it's own it's just a big WTF?! I'm sure with a combination of the right band, lyrics and a real strong rhythm section it could pass for some decent Psychedelica. But dude it's not 1967 anymore...?

My $0.02.

Syd Barrett at his worst was nowhere near this terrible. I can guarantee this would be unlistenable on acid - the lack of steady tempo, the comical drumming, the out of the tune guitar, the awful tones.. hippies on drugs can be easily impressed but not this easily.. I don't see any value in this dude's music as it is (unless it's a joke, then it's perfect)

• Members

See, what Sonny Sharrock was doing may sound somewhat disorganized and like a 4 year old attacking a combine at times, but there's no doubt that the dude was an artist and actually had quite the {censored}ing jazz pedigree. There was a flow and feeling in his music that transcended the notes somehow. And I actually love listening to his stuff:

-6X-au2E4cw

But what jrak was doing... pure scheisse.

Archived