Toadworks Fat City amp is out.

lowroadrevival

• Members
Originally posted by lowroadrevival

It's {censored}ing cool looking and I like your company!

Sorry.

:(

Don't feel bad Bro - when I ordered it - he actually asked me (as a friend mind you) if I really needed another amp...:wave:

I believe I told him I had measured down to the final inches left in my studio -and YES - YES I did actually have room for just one more amp. :D

• Members
Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee

Don't feel bad Bro - when I ordered it - he actually asked me (as a friend mind you) if I really needed another amp...
:wave:

I believe I told him I had measured down to the final inches left in my studio -and YES - YES I did actually have room for just one more amp.
:D

Yeah but he's playing dirty...it's all green and basketweave sexy...:(

• Members

Originally posted by badmuddy

i'll bet this amp kranks with some good boosts & od's!! DAMN!! all that clean headroom, i LOVE it!! and you are so right about the reverb tone. my smf has one, and it MAKES the reverb! plus, the price is awesome! is it a pcb dealio?

ml

Yeah, this amp + John Bull + MEAT = the best tone I've ever heard... it's pretty remarkable...

Yes, it's a PCB - sort of... we basically just replaced the fiber board with a PCB, but the component layout itself is very much like an old Fender - and the connecting wires often go to the middle of the board rather than the edge, so there really aren't any tracings over a centimeter or so.. in fact most tracing are measured in millimeters.

But the PCB is a stiffer and easier to mount than fiberboard, and the components each have their own plated hole, which makes for a better solder joint.

Almost all the wires internally are shielded, and it's very, VERY quiet.

Archived