.:: All Zvex Pedalboard? ::.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by ScreamCage

True, it would be great if some one had an all ZVex board, but it would even be more great if he also used a Drop guitar into a Nano. Now that would rock....

seif has like 6 zvex pedals, a nano and was trying to get one of the zvex drop guitar

• Members

like this?

zvex-pedalboard.jpg

downsized version:

zvex-pedalboard-downsized.jpg

I love zvex's pedals...so much that I ebayed just about everything else in my arsenal (except for teese wahs, maxon delay, and EVH phase)

zvex makes the most user interactive pedals on the market... They respond like a good tube amp does. Each pedal is able to dial tons of sounds... And each effect is just different enough that you don't feel like you're copying a famous player when you use it.

I was just getting sooooo bored with all the regular chorus, flanger, od pedals stuff bla bla bla...

The pedalboard didn't work out and I've since taken it apart... even with top quality cables and voodoo lab power... I kept getting weird noises and interference... All zvex pedals are top notch... Just operator error on my behalf. I don't have enough experience with sound at this point to really build a sort of large pedalboard the right way. Not to mention impedence (I think it's called) problems.

I may make a second attempt at an all zvex pedalboard... but next time with a huge true bypass looper system. Each pedal isolated within it's own loop connected with George Ls would probably be tits.

• Members

Originally posted by hbar

Man, that puts mine to shame (although mine are all sparkle paint, which makes me cool in my own mine [which is where I live, so cram it with walnuts, pal]).

I agree...sparkle paint is much cooler...and so are non-english characters

isn't it strange what is cool in zvex universe...sparkle rules :thu:

• Members

Hmmm... I bet your problem is the fact that all the pedals are true bypass and there is no buffer in there (Like an Ernie Ball volume pedal or something that isn't true bypass). I don't know why on earth it would hum, looks like a good setup. What kind of cables are those?

• Members

here's most everything:

pedals9.JPG

tomorrow i'll be taking the box of rock to play through TWO of these amps at once:

40thfeature1.jpg

those things are INSANE. i love Marshalls, and the new handwired reissues are the best modern amps they've done, hands down. the 18W just kills and the 20W is completely amazing as well.

• Members

Originally posted by dinrodef

I agree...sparkle paint is much cooler...and so are non-english characters

isn't it strange what is cool in zvex universe...sparkle rules
:thu:

Yeah, usually sparkle is for pussies. Get a t-shirt with just a sparkle design on it, and you'd get yer ass kicked. Get a marker and stencil zvex on it, and you'd be all the bees knees and invited to all the box socials you could ever dare dream.

I just have a plain, ole, regular ooh wah. I guess I should just throw it away.

• Members

Originally posted by dinrodef

like this?

zvex-pedalboard.jpg

downsized version:

zvex-pedalboard-downsized.jpg

I love zvex's pedals...so much that I ebayed just about everything else in my arsenal (except for teese wahs, maxon delay, and EVH phase)

zvex makes the most user interactive pedals on the market... They respond like a good tube amp does. Each pedal is able to dial tons of sounds... And each effect is just different enough that you don't feel like you're copying a famous player when you use it.

I was just getting sooooo bored with all the regular chorus, flanger, od pedals stuff bla bla bla...

The pedalboard didn't work out and I've since taken it apart... even with top quality cables and voodoo lab power... I kept getting weird noises and interference... All zvex pedals are top notch... Just operator error on my behalf. I don't have enough experience with sound at this point to really build a sort of large pedalboard the right way. Not to mention impedence (I think it's called) problems.

I may make a second attempt at an all zvex pedalboard... but next time with a huge true bypass looper system. Each pedal isolated within it's own loop connected with George Ls would probably be tits.

is the flag a special edition fuzz factory?

• Members

that box of rocks intrigues me....i had a feeling it was marshallesque...and playing it through that monster marshall stack will be ultra-crunchy i presume.

when is the releasedate for the box of rocks anyways ?

same as ringtone, in may ?

• Members

first batch of ringtones already sold out. next batch is shipping this coming week.

box of rock was initially going to be vexter-only, but Amada convinced me to release it as a hand-painted (lifetime warranty) version also. i hope to have the handpainted/handmade box of rock out in about 1 month. the vexter version will follow about 1.5 months later.

the box of rock will probably replace the fuzz factory as the flagship Z.Vex piece. it's very useful. Ed Ackerson of Flowers Studio said two things about it:

1] most aptly named pedal ever.

2] with a guitar and amp and a box of rock, he could do any gig, ever.

i normally don't put forth such a hypy stance, but it's really {censored}ing fun. it makes Marshalls and Fenders sound like they're instantly dimed.

• Members

Originally posted by zachary vex

first batch of ringtones already sold out. next batch is shipping this coming week.

box of rock was initially going to be vexter-only, but Amada convinced me to release it as a hand-painted (lifetime warranty) version also. i hope to have the handpainted/handmade box of rock out in about 1 month. the vexter version will follow about 1.5 months later.

the box of rock will probably replace the fuzz factory as the flagship Z.Vex piece. it's very useful. Ed Ackerson of Flowers Studio said two things about it:

1] most aptly named pedal ever.

2] with a guitar and amp and a box of rock, he could do any gig, ever.

i normally don't put forth such a hypy stance, but it's really {censored}ing fun. it makes Marshalls and Fenders sound like they're instantly dimed.

Yeehuu...looks like I need one of those:thu:

• Members

8^)

the box of rock has a nickname here in town (i've been dragging a prototype from store to store) that i hardly dare repeat for fear of making an enemy of someone whose toes i've carefully left untrod-upon over the years...

let's just say "can i buy that?" is the most common phrase i've heard.

yesterday i had a friend over, the original guitar tech for Semi-Sonic, and he was drooling over the box of rock so badly i thought he might pocket the prototype when i wasn't looking. to demonstrate it, i dimed up my 1965/1966 transition Marshall super-tremolo Mark IV JTM45 and then turned it back down to 2 and stomped on the box of rock to substitute at a lower volume, and he exclaimed "you nailed it!"

i didn't nail it, of course... it's obviously a solid-state device, so the distortion is much more cris-crossy than tubes, but it really does a nice vocal imitation of a dimed non-master Marshall Plexiglass at any volume you want. plus it draws about 3 mA max, so battery life is going to be something like the super-duper. in the future, there will be no reason to leave the house without having a box of rock in your coat pocket. although i have to say, i hate the way it sounds with AC-30s. the only box of rock setting i like with that amp is using a strat and turning the drive down all the way. AC-30 amps are freaking weird.

Archived