For those of you with old, broken Digitech gear that you can't use, and can't sell.

• Members

I was in this boat for the last several years, stuck with a Digitech XP-100 Whammy-Wah that I'd broken somehow. I figured I shouldn't bother trying to sell it so someone solder-savvy enough to repair it since it's missing its power supply and too banged-up cosmetically to get barely anything for. So it's just been hanging out in my closet, waiting for me to do something about it

Finally sometime last week I brought it up to my local tech for him to have a luck, which is when I found out that old Digitech pedals like that are a pain in ass just to trouble-shoot, and are basically impossible to fix by hand. Before I dropped it off with him to give it a shot I'd need a power supply anyway, so I brought it back home.

Well, I posted here for some advice on whether or not to bother hunting down the power supply and buying it with the unlikelyhood of success fixing it. Thanks to Dot Dot Dot, and Jet Bycraft for the heads up on the repair service offered by Digitech pedals.

I have them an email at about 3 PM on Friday afternoon requesting information of Digitech service centers in my area, and before 5 PM they'd emailed me back with the toll-free phone number of there main headquarters in Salt Lake City. Anyway, this dude there tells me that there is a flat rate service for any kind of repair for a Digitech pedal of $45, and that includes return shipping. Doesn't matter what's wrong with it, send it to them, they'll fix it and send it back for $45. And what's really crazy is that they've got a 90 day warranty on all the work they do there, so if for some reason it breaks down again they'll correct it free of charge (well, there's probably some s/h or something).

Anyway, I just wish I would have known this a year ago I could already have this pedal back. I mean, it's not that great of a pedal anyway. Actually, it kind of sucked. But that's not the point, the point is that it's easy and cheap to have it in working order. So if anyone else here is involved in this type of situation you can do something about it.

As a service to you all, I'll post back here when this actually goes down so I can see if it's not going to be a scam or something.

• Members

Offhand, do you know if they have the same kind of deal for their old rack gear?? I picked up a used IPS-33b a little while ago and although it works great right now, it would be nice to know what options I have if it ever needs any repair work done to it.

Thanks in advance for any info you can give. :thu:

• Members

Yep!

I had an old PDS 3000 Pedalverb that had something wrong with it- I sent it to the notorious FX Doctor who had it for like a month before telling me he couldn't fix it, and then someone on the forum told me about Digitech's repair service- $45 bucks and I was back in business.

• Members

nice.

i wish all manufacturers were this customer service-oriented.

i had a positive experience with DOD (Digitech's sister). i emailed about an FX-90 schematic and got it emailed back asap. this was before they were posted on hte site.

kudos!

• Members

Thanks for posting this! I just bought a used XP-400 (Reverberator) the other day and I have a feeling it's going to be a mainstay on my pedalboard, so it's good to know that if something happens to it, I can send it in. I had to order a replacement power supply from Digitech though which sucks because apparently the XP series pedals that they put out were extremely picky and required a special power supply unit. It was only $25 though which wasn't too bad and it got here really quickly. I was really impressed with their customer service!

• Members

that might be good news for me as well. I have a wh-4 that is out of commission. first, I was trying to change the knob and broke the pot shaft, leaving it stuck on octave up/down (my favorite setting), but it was still usable. then for some reason, I thought maybe I could take off the treadle and make it a octave down-only pedal. did the opposite. now it's an octave up-only pedal even after I put the treadle back on.

if the $45 dollar thing is true, i might be in luck!

• 15 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 5/16/2021 at 7:13 PM, Rich Y said:

I have Jimi Hendrix Experience pedal that does not work. I called Digitech a year or so ago and they could not help me. What is your advice on who to contact?

thank you 

I'm afraid you are 15 years late to get an answer from these guys^

Since they are now part of Harman, if they said they couldn't help you, I think you are pretty much stuck.

I have an original PDS1002, which fortunately has never given me an issue...but if it will become a paperweight when it stops, that sux...have you tried contacting them via email? Or through the website?

• 8 months later...
  • Members
On 5/17/2021 at 3:13 AM, Rich Y said:

I have Jimi Hendrix Experience pedal that does not work. I called Digitech a year or so ago and they could not help me. What is your advice on who to contact?

thank you 

Same, what's broken on yours? Mine is the heel switch, I'm going to open it up and see what's in there.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Members
On 2/17/2024 at 3:48 PM, Diary Of An Axeman said:

I won't sell mine, they sound too good .

20230205_164743.thumb.jpg.9eae56186757e4a8a286f55e8caaa695.jpg

20220903_214844.thumb.jpg.c27ebb7e7f556e3dbe91fae310c6a6aa.jpg

Very cool. I still have my GSP2101 Artist that shot craps. It wont boot up correctly. I think the firmware chip is bad. I hope to run across somebody that can fix it someday.