OT: I want to hear good music that I've never heard before!!!!

• Members

My favourite album by a new band right now is Dungen's "Ta Det Lugnt".

Psychedelic rock/jazz fusion (miles, not weather report)/sunshine pop and weirdness, all sung in swedish, which adds to the psychedelic effect. Unless you're swedish, I guess.

Guitarist Reine Fiske has all the Hendrix moves, plus a neat line in tape echo manipulation. Lots of nasty, dirty fuzz soloing.

• Members

Kieth Urban is the best music out there today...;)

Anyway, Eleven (elevenworld.com) is a great stoner/psycedilic/experimental 3 piece. The singer/guitarist Alain Johannes did a few clips for the Variax, and as far as I know, they're still up on the Line6 site. Jack Irons is the drummer (He was with them after RHCP until '95, then he joined Pearl Jam for a little while, and then he joined back up with them in '03 when Greg Upchurch left to go to 3 Doors Down, the idiot). Natasha Shneider is the singer/keyboardist, and is easily one of the greatest musicians I know of today. She plays up to 5 different parts in the band at a time on the keyboard, and then she sings on top of that with one of the most intersting, versatile, and original voices in music today. Great band.

Low (chairkickers.com) is also a great band. They're labeled slowcore, but they've gotten really edgier as of lately.

Arcade Fire is another awsome band. A six piece that's utilized mayn different instruments from the viola to the xylophone.

thee's lots of other stuff, so I'll post a bit more in a while.

• Members
Originally posted by english_bob

My favourite album by a new band right now is Dungen's "Ta Det Lugnt".

Psychedelic rock/jazz fusion (miles, not weather report)/sunshine pop and weirdness, all sung in swedish, which adds to the psychedelic effect. Unless you're swedish, I guess.

Guitarist Reine Fiske has all the Hendrix moves, plus a neat line in tape echo manipulation. Lots of nasty, dirty fuzz soloing.

Hell yea, ive been into fusion for a while! mostly funk/fusion....thanks, lets keep it going!

I can't find anything on Reine Fiske...:cry:

• Members
www.myspace.com/italianedition

They're {censored}ing great. A friend's band. Watched them play last night. They've got one of the best drummers I've ever seen, and my favorite guitarist. Very tasteful band. They have some fusion between old and new music I guess. Some soft, some crazy. The two songs posted on their myspace are a bit poppier, and hopefully soon you could buy an entire cd when they finish recording, but this will give you a general idea.

I'm not just saying this because I know the guys, but I really think these guys will go big, and I'm really impressed with their music.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think.

Archived