Dano Sitar Swami: can someone make soundclips?

zinzin

• Members

i have never ever seen one in a shop and therefore i could not try one out. i only read that its the {censored}tiest sitar simulation pedal ever.

i'd like to hear it in action: can someone please post some clips?

• Members

its more like a ring octave flanging fuzz swami. I got some cool sounds out of mine with a wah.

All in all its a pretty crappy pedal though. I got it for 10 bucks and sold it for 35. Now I kind of wish I had it to run my keyboard into, just out of curiousity.

no clips though :cry:

• Members

Honestly, though I've never tried it, I've also never heard a good thing about this pedal from anyone. Nothing is going to sound like a Sitar, especially not a pedal.

There is some Line6 modelling guitar that apparently can do an actual somewhat realistic sitar sound, but I think you would be better off just getting an octave fuzz than that Dano pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

Honestly, though I've never tried it, I've also never heard a good thing about this pedal from anyone. Nothing is going to sound like a Sitar, especially not a pedal.

There is some Line6 modelling guitar that apparently can do an actual somewhat realistic sitar sound, but I think you would be better off just getting an octave fuzz than that Dano pedal.

Then I will be the first, it is a decent noise maker. but it has only 1 sound. its crazy, and will probably be like the gonkulator, a 10 dollar pedal until some famous musician makes use of it and it skyrockets in price.

• Members

Originally posted by inscho

Then I will be the first, it is a decent noise maker. but it has only 1 sound. its crazy, and will probably be like the gonkulator, a 10 dollar pedal until some famous musician makes use of it and it skyrockets in price.

Hmmm, well I can see that. I wonder who will make it cliche to use as a noise pedal.

• Members

I borrowed one from an unfortunate friend of mine (the story ended well though - he swapped it for an ibanez de7)

I managed to get one interesting sound out of it. With a lot of fiddling around. AND it wasn't even a sitar sound.

At the time, I just had humbucker equipped guitars - they just made it distort far too much. Turning the volume of the guitars down reduced it to a much (however it was in the regions of reduced volume that I found the one interesting sound).

If the pedal had more knobs, so that more parameters could be adjusted, it might have been better, but as it was, it was the worst pedal that I have ever tried.

Archived