Should the Moderators of this forum delete OT threads?

• Members

You'll notice that I don't post much on this board. And truthfully, it's because there's too much stuff to sort through. So I'm voting that the Mods of this thread delete any new threads that are deamed off-topic. I'm here to talk about effects pedals and not Mesa Boogie amps and someone's bands upcoming gig. So if you're like me, vote yes. If you want to get into "free speech" nonsense even though there's another thread for that, than vote no. And thanks for your vote either way!

• Members

go to thegearpage if you want strictly on topic stuff.....we are a bunch of friends here so we like to shoot the {censored}...if you got a problem with it nobody is asking you to post here.

and there is no way all the OT threads are going to be deleted....its ridiculous to even think so.

and ironically this is OT....

• Members

I voted NO. This is a community here and some of us have actually met one another and consider ourselves friends & extended family (especially when we lose one of our own). If you don't want to read someone's off topic thread - pretty simple -don't read it. And even if everything were ON TOPIC you would still have to sort through to read about which pedal(s) you're personally interested in.

After having read though 18,000 threads about tubescreamers and their clones -I always skip those now....and forever. :D

:wave:

• Members
Originally posted by dot-dot-dot

I say no.

Though I have to admit that if I had the power I'd blitz the parody threads when they appear by the half dozen. Mostly the forum has been a great place for the last six months or so though.

I'm with Andi on this one :)

• Members

Like most everyone else has said.. this is a community.. I've met tons of people I'd call friends over the past 5 or so years I've been here.. that didn't happen just talking about effects.. or amps or whatever.

We're here to have fun, and talk about guitar stuff.. learn about new things and all that..

That is all. :wave:

• Members

I also voted no. It would be lame and dull if we talked Effects,and nothing but effects. We have to plug something into them,so we talk guitars,and we have to plug them into something,so we talk amps. Mix in a few ot threads to make you chuckle or think,and you have yourself a well-rounded community.:wave:

The community here is largely self-policing, and we've tried to leave it that way as much as possible. I participate in here a fair amount, but I'm not the "designated moderator"... but as a HC site Admin, I will deal with blantant violations of the HC ToS when I see them. But as far as OT vs non-OT content, that's for the community to decide.

Personally, I have no problem with the OT stuff - especially, as Zvex said, if it is clearly marked as such.

Originally posted by Gearhunter

I also voted no. It would be lame and dull if we talked Effects,and nothing but effects. We have to plug something into them,so we talk guitars,and we have to plug them into something,so we talk amps. Mix in a few ot threads to make you chuckle or think,and you have yourself a well-rounded community.
:wave:

+11111 :thu: :thu:

Originally posted by papa taco

I'm saddened there isn't a 3rd poll option like "ban stereordinary's sorry ass."

For speaking his mind / voicing his POV? To quote Bono, "Where's the glory in that?" :(

Many of us may disagree with him on this topic, but he's done nothing to deserve a banning. :( Tolerance PT, tolerance... :)

Originally posted by mumford

I'm a big no, but I would like to have the moderators send electric shocks through the keyboards of people who suddenly rip people a new asshole out of the blue.

We're working on that technology as we speak... more to come later. ;):p:D

Archived