Movie Series Vote Off! ROUND 1!!!!

• Members

It's going to be a tough one for me too Phil because many of those films have formed the backdrop to my youth ... I loved each of them in different ways. I'm going to have to give serious thought before I cast my solitary vote to so serious a poll! :confused::D

• Members

Originally posted by murch33

Where the hell is Rambo?

I know but there were only ten slots and I couldn't fit anymore in - I wanted to add Star Trek too! If you want to vote for the First Blood/Rambo series do it in the thread and others can add their +1's if they want to extend the poll.

• Members

You seemed to have forgotten a little unknown series of movies called the Godfather

Out of the ones listed, I'm torn between Star Wars 4-5-6 and Indiana Jones.

The Star Wars 1-2-3 shouldn't even be on the list. All those movies {censored}ing sucked.

I hated the first Lord of the Rings movie. Too {censored}ing long. Never bothered to see the rest of them. I'd rather go read Beowulf.

The first Matrix was awesome, but the two follow-ups were pretty bad. Kind of enjoyable at about 4am after you've been up for a long god-damn time, but there's a lot of movies that you can watch like that, so I don't see how it's that special.

I never got into the Mad Max series. The first one was pretty good.

How the {censored} can you list Rocky? The first one was good. {censored}, even the second wasn't awful. But 3, 4, and 5? And he's making a {censored}ing 6th one now. wtf?

The first x-men movie was a bad adaptation but still a pretty good movie. The second one was pretty bad. They made the usual mistake of just adding a {censored}load of characters but not really doing much with the movie. It was bad. Hopefully, the third one won't be as bad as the second, but it seems like they just added more character than the first.

Die Hard is probably the trilogy I'm most disappointed with, considering how bad the second one was. The first one and the third one were {censored}ing great movies though. I have seen the first movie way too many damn times. It's my favorite x-mas movie. I've heard they're making a Die Hard 4. I'm sure that'll be god-awful too.

• Members

Capn ... I hear ya man, Godfather was going in down the line along with First Blood and Star Trek but I ran out of room. I agree with allot of your thoughts on the movies you discussed but you have to remember that others may disagree and have their own reasons so everything that got included deserves a chance to be voted on. Sheesh, you know what else I wanted to fit ... the Mummy!

I may have to float a second round after this one and then pit what survived the two streams into a final vote off.

• Members
Originally posted by camerashake

Exactly. How can you have a trilogy/sequals list with Godfather. And Alien.

Can you guys just read what I said above and chill-a-dillo ... I am going to run a second Vote off with the missing films and then the most popular from both streams can go head to head in the final vote off for the HC all time best movie series awards. :thu:

• Members

Ok ... {censored} that was the hardest choice I've made in ages. I was totally unable to vote for so long and then was fighting between Star Wars 456 and Indiana Jones - I eventually gave my vote to Dr Jones - I guess I just love that whole period.

Lock it in Eddie.

• Members

Originally posted by capnbringdown

You seemed to have forgotten a little unknown series of movies called the Godfather

Out of the ones listed, I'm torn between Star Wars 1-2-3 and Indiana Jones.

The Star Wars 4-5-6 shouldn't even be on the list. All those movies {censored}ing sucked.

4-5-6 is referring to the original trilogy..surely. I've thought about this because I accidentally voted for 1-2-3.

• Members

Originally posted by Fourth Floor

4-5-6 is referring to the original trilogy..surely. I've thought about this because I accidentally voted for 1-2-3.

Oh snap.... I voted 4-5-6 because I thought that was the oldie batch.

I was going in sequence of timeline, not sequence of release. Oh geez.

• Members

Originally posted by beezdeez

Oh snap.... I voted 4-5-6 because I thought that was the oldie batch.

I was going in sequence of timeline, not sequence of release. Oh geez.

Actually the episodes are marked 4 5 6 in Star Wars itself. The First Star Wars with young adult Luke Skywalker from 1977 is stated at the beginning of the movie as Episode IV!

• Members

fwiw, i would suggest godfather, terminator, three colours (red/white/blue), mariachi, qatsi (koyaanisqatsi, etc).

i doubt many here have seen the apu triology of hindi films from the 50s. really amazing slightly surreal stuff.

if you wait till saw III comes out, you could add that as well. :eek::) same goes for the latest bourne film (not sure if that is this year or next).

oh and when does the third in the lars von trier series on the US come out? that could well end up being the best triology of all time (for me anyway).

• Members

I voted for Indiana Jones. The 4,5,6 Star Wars misses out because the the last one sucked with those goddamned ewok muppets...wrecked the whole thing (4 and 5 were snuff).

Similar with Godfather, the first two were great, third...meh, I've never been able to sit through all of it...too much of a spagetti opera.

The Three Colours series was excellent and I'd rate that above Indiana purely for originality, consistency and superb film making...great acting too. So even though I've already voted, I'd prolly give a +1 to this trilogy, even though the movies are independant stories.

Terminator and Alien gets special mention for being pretty good suspense popcorn gear. T2 sucked a fair bit because of that whiny kid that I kept praying Arnie would go hatwire and kill...alas.

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Well I'll give this thread a couple more days yet to make sure everybody gets a vote and then I'll do the 2nd Vote off with as many of the left over films people have suggested.

Very interesting to see Indy out front.

Very suprising to see 4 votes for the 1,2,3 episodes for Star Wars...they were nearly 100% {censored}e, although the last one was a slight improvement.

I suppose LOTRT was worthy given the massive scale of it.

Archived