Movie Series Vote Off! ROUND 1!!!!

• Members

Originally posted by Collapse

Indiana is clearly the best one here, but you should do a series of these like the hottest woman threads were done, where everyone voted for their least favorite until only one was left.

Cause it ends up being the same thing either way ... Indy is only just in front right now and the Empire may yet strike back.

• Members

Star Wars 456 is going to win......but I didn't vote for it.

I had to base my vote on what series didn't have a weak movie in the series.

StarWars 123 - had phantom menace, a true abortion of a film, if I never saw one....series was redeemed with Clones and Sith....but only partially, the over use of computer animation in this series makes it hard to watch at times.

StarWars 456 - To me, those fur covered balls of dung in Jedi ruined it for me...

Indiana Jones - would have gotten my vote, if it wasnt for Temple of Doom, which was brutally bad....personally, I found the first and third movie in this series to be simply fantastic....better than most of the stuff on the above list.

Die Hard - again, second movie in the installment is what blew it. 1 and vengance were great.

Overall, I cast my vote for Lethal Weapon. All 4 movies stuck to the game plan and the chemistry that made the movies what they were was not altered. There isn't a weak link in the entire set of movies....I could watch any of the 4 any day any time....

• Members

Originally posted by strangegrey

There isn't a weak link in the entire set of movies....I could watch any of the 4 any day any time....

I love LW but I just couldn't buy that a martial artist of Jet Li's skill - given the reality of his character - would have gone down to Riggs and Murtoch - it just wouldn't have happened if Jet was the man he was supposed to be. That's where the film lost it for me ... 4 was the bummer.

• Members

Star Wars 456 because the script and direction of 4 is one of the top 5 films of the 20th Century IMHO--even though the final product took a TON of post-production. (You can't rush a true masterpiece though!)

Archived