Just got back from X-men

Tag

• Members

Originally posted by TrashFace

stay after the credits are over. theres more stuff

{censored}. Somebody please tell me what happens post-credits. I literally just got back from the theater.

I'd have to say it was enjoyable, but at the same time being the worst of the three. I do love Hugh Jackman as Wolverine, though. Between him, Rogue, Xavier, and Magneto, I think they could carry most any X-movie.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

**SPOILER**

Ok, remember the video tape that Xavier is showing the class? You cut to that hospital bed, and you hear the man say "Moira..." and she says "...Charles???"

and that is it.

And I thought it was pretty badass. I wasn't expecting a masterpiece. Magneto flexing nuts is fun to see.

Hey I thought they were gonna do Days of Future Past, too. I was sure we were gonna see a smoking metal skeleton. :D

• Members
Originally posted by phyrexia

**SPOILER**

Ok, remember the video tape that Xavier is showing the class? You cut to that hospital bed, and you hear the man say "Moira..." and she says "...Charles???"

{censored}, I wish I'd stayed for that. I thought this was going to be the last X-flick...?

• Members

Ok, just got back from Xmen - my girl and I have seen all three films now at the bigscreen. I told her before hand some of the complaints people here had and so we watched expecting some average moments.

The verdict?

We really liked it ... loved the Dark Phoenix Rising eposide ( I have the original comics from the 80's where this all takes place ) and enjoyed the entire film generally. I just feel it was an extention of the 2nd film rather than a new film in it's own right which is why the story line was more action than plot. Everything that has gone before this episode has led up to the LAST STAND being where all the {censored} hits the fan so to me it was right on!

The only thing I didn't like was Vinnie Jones playing the Juggernaut - he was a waste of film basically - and the omission of Night Crawler was a real missed opportunity. Other than that it was a 7.5 out of 10 for me.

Oh, 80% of the cinema crowd were gone but a few of us got to see the clue after all the credits rolled which was a nice touch! ;)

• Members

SPOILER - do not read this unless you've seen the movie!

------------------------------

My wife and I were talking about it yesterday for some reason, and she came up with this brilliant question:

Instead of butchering and killing Jean Grey at the end, who he professed to love, why didn't Wolverine just use one of those little darts with the cure?

He just thought of the idea 2 minutes before that for Magneto, he could have jabbed Jean, no problem - she's still alive and no longer in possession of her powers of havoc...problem solved.

(Probably they just needed to wipe out Jean Grey in this movie so the Phoenix can live up to it's name in a future film...)

• Members

a few good things (ie : the "race" subject"), but pretending to do the "black phoenix" thing WITHOUT SHOWING THE FIRING PHOENIX the comics is famous for is a {censored}ing FRAUD IMHO :mad:

Almost when you remember that at the end of the #2, you saw the firing phoenix under water :mad: :mad:

so lotsa "cheap" aspects IMO visually speaking, and mega predictable events (the SF bay bridge, the freedom of the blue chick etc)

• Members
Originally posted by utterhack

"I'm-a kill 'im, I'm-a rape 'im, I'm-a eat his f@$kin' costume..."

:thu:

:D

"You gonna get hurt by mah pimp cane one way or anutha!"
:cool:

I really laughed my ass off! Especially @ the softer spoken 'side-kick' sentences.

Oh, and I saw X-men 3 yesterday. I liked it, but it should have been at least 30-45 minutes longer!

Oh, and what the {censored} was up with all 'dem car-lights lighting up on the Golden Gate, after everyone FLED their mudda{censored}in' cars, bitch?! :confused::rolleyes:

Archived