External tap tempo pedals

d0zerz

• Members

How do these work for dd-5/6/20 :confused:

...basically I want to be able to set tempo without having to activate some 'tempo mode' first...I want a pedal which is always 'ready' to recieve a tempo.

...is that how those things work generally?

• Members

yes. you just tap on those tap tempo pedals. i build one myself. its very easy to do. all you need it a momentary switch, a jack and some wire. here is my own "zinzin morese code tap tempo":

MorseCode.jpg

its connected to my marshall echohead and i can tap the tempo even with the echohead turned off.

• Members

Originally posted by zinzin

yes. you just tap on those tap tempo pedals. i build one myself. its very easy to do. all you need it a momentary switch, a jack and some wire. here is my own "zinzin morese code tap tempo":

MorseCode.jpg

its connected to my marshall echohead and i can tap the tempo even with the echohead turned off.

Very nice! Thanks for the info.

Once I wired a momentary switch onto a DOD fuzz. Not one of my brighter moves...you had to press it twice to turn it on/off :)

• Members

Originally posted by d0zerz

How do these work for dd-5/6/20
:confused:

...basically I want to be able to set tempo without having to activate some 'tempo mode' first...I want a pedal which is always 'ready' to recieve a tempo.

...is that how those things work generally?

The DD-6 won't accept an external tap switch.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

Originally posted by zinzin

MorseCode.jpg

What kind of momentary switch is it, an SPST ?

• 1 year later...
  • Members

MorseCode.jpg

is this easy to make? I want to make my own tap tempo but don't know how

Archived