What should I do about this?

rockfan

• Members

I have a friend I visit in another city that has a small studio (it's a small room outside he used to rent out).

We jam every time I go visit him, which has become infrequent because of the following:

He has other friends (losers, who don't have a job, or work in service, like Pizza Hut) that hang out every time I go there.

I always bring a 20 case of beer for me and my friend to drink while we jam, and these guys always asking if they can get a beer. I always tell them to get one.

Well, I tell them to get go buy some beer, and they say they don't have money or they buy the cheap-ass beer, which I don't like.

Well, Friday, I went to see him again, bought the beer, and slowly the other guys started to arrive (since they see that there are cars parked outside the room). Well, one of the guys called his g/f and her friend to come over and bring some beer.

Well, they did, but then we realized that they were taking beer out and putting it in their cars. They would grap a beer each and say they were going outside to talk. Well, they'd come back empty handed. They would do this several times.

Within the hour, all our beer was gone. The two girls stated they had to leave and the guy who called the girls also left too.

I was pissed. I just left after that. I don't think I want to go back. What do you guys think?

BTW: My friend states he does talk to them about them drinking the beer and being leaches. I guess I hasn't worked

• Members

Oh man that is so lame!! How old are these guys? Sounds like, if you really like hanging out with your buddy, you need to have him buy a case of the cheap stuff for his leech-ass friends and you guys keep the Heineken in a locked cooler for yourselves!

• Members

Why not confront them? Show up with beer as usual, when they start to leech, confront them:

"You guys can't continue to take the beer without paying me, or bringing something to the party!" I can't afford to get everyone drunk."

If they continue leeching, keep the beer to yourself. Bring a mini-cooler or something and keep it by your amp.

EDIT: looks like Gus beat me to it.

• Members

I sympathize because I'm quite fond of beer and I think one man shouldn't have his beer taken away from him. I'm sure those guys watch TV. Don't they interpret the Miller commercials as 'they're not cool themselves' for doing that. Sounds like the friends of his are kind of pricks. But even if they are, you gotta deal with them.

I'd tell your jamming bud about the problem and then when the problem comes around next have your plan on how you're going to deal with it. Bringing a cooler is a good idea to keep beside you and if they ask then say, nope only got enough for us two, just you or whatever. You don't necessarily have to go out of your way to confront them. But in addition to the cooler, say something smart ass when they ask like you can't keep supporting their binge drinking. Or simply saying you only have enough for you. You don't owe anybody an explanation.

If you're bud doesn't get it or if this gets out of control then rethink jamming with him. If things get out of control, I'd move on although it can be tough if your bud has talent.

I'm sure you're feeling one way or the other by now. So go with it in a passive or aggressive manner, however you deal with stuff.

It'd be really fun to pull a good prank on them though. They deserve it for being stealing hobos.

• Members

Sounds like you let your line get crossed. the problem so much isn't that they are taking your beer but that they are 'friends' of your friend (who you have respect for).

The solution, be a friendly asshole!

Just lay down the law how YOU want it and do it in a firm but positive way. Stop sharing your beer! yay. that simple. Let them beg you for it and still not give in.

Unless they are true friends or in life-threatening need of beer don't give in!

also, don't worry about how others may think of you... just lead. there isn't any need for confrontation or anger, just be in control. Don't have lengthy discussions about small stuff, just do it.

:)

• Members

Originally posted by rockfan

I have a friend I visit in another city that has a small studio (it's a small room outside he used to rent out).

sad story snipped....

Here is what you do:

Stay friends with your buddy. If you like him, that's all that matters. Go to the store and buy bottled beer with screw on caps that you can put back on (not the pry off kind). Over the two week period, piss in each bottle of beer, and close it up. Put the beer in your refrigerator to keep it nice and chilled. Set a date to go to your friends and jam, and make sure your buddy's freinds show up. Tell them there is fresh beer in the fridge, and then enjoy the hilarity!

Archived