Bands who let you down over time

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

You have failed to get a joke ...

He was never a dissapointment because he was {censored} from the start ... with me?
:freak:

um...you have failed to see that i got the joke and that my joke was a response to yours!

ah, the internet...there just aren't anough emoticons to express all the various levels of irony and sarcasm...

:)

no really there are.

...or ARE there?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

um...you have failed to see that i got the joke and that my joke was a response to yours!

ah, the internet...there just aren't anough emoticons to express all the various levels of irony and sarcasm...

:)

no really there are.

...or ARE there?

Ahhh ok - this hints at a gap in our developing relationship - I wasn't sure if you were a person who used DUDE in everyday conversation or not ... so DUDE led me to believe you may be serious.

I am suggesting a candle lit dinner for two to sort this out.

• Members

Originally posted by PFDarkside

Actually with the exception of a handful of bands (Floyd, Tool) I always seem to like a band's first record best. I love the youthful energy...

That usually is the case with a few exceptions like, Nirvana, AIC, Smashing Pumkins and Dinosaur Jr. Oh wait there are a lot of exceptions.............nevermind. :o

• Members

I am suggesting a candle lit dinner for two to sort this out.

dude...i TOTALLY hope you were being ironic about that! :eek:

;)

:rolleyes:

(and other emoticons of various sorts of sarcastic revelry...)

:idea:

i said "dude" once in my daily life. then someone pointed out that past tense of "do" is actually "did" and then everyone laughed and pointed at me. :cry:

• Members

i said "dude" once in my daily life. then someone pointed out that past tense of "do" is actually "did" and then everyone laughed and pointed at me.
:cry:

I think at that point a high powered rifle from the school clock tower may have solved a few issues for you.

• Members

I think at that point a high powered rifle from the school clock tower may have solved a few issues for you.

it's the american way! :idea:

speaking of school clock tower shootings...

anyone seen hte movie IF... with Malcom McDowell?

was it as strange, plotless, and pointless as i remember?

• Members

it's the american way!
:idea:

speaking of school clock tower shootings...

anyone seen hte movie IF... with Malcom McDowell?

was it as strange, plotless, and pointless as i remember?

Forget IF ... if you want a Mcdowell going nuts in a school setting try your very own Roddy in Class of 1984!

• Members

Both Mudvayne and Dredg "failed me" by going simple instead of adding complexity... But I do understand why they chose this path anyway.

Dream Theater could've done alot better too (from the begining that is)...

GuyaGuy said it right on his first post (well, besides the Bon Jovi thing - Bon Jovi will never go downhill :D:rolleyes: ).

Deep Purple fails to fail me though. :thu:

Edit: Deftones will never let me down probably. (I hope...)

• Members

yeah weezer for sure....but i cut them some slack only because atleast they disappeared for like 5 years after pinkerton.

the band thats probably let me down the most is foo fighters. what the hell is wrong with dave grohl?! i love the first two albums, but i thought there is nothing left to lose was amazing....and after that....wow. hoooorrible song writing.

garbage is another one.

coldplay...the new album is bland as hell. they're even ripping off past hits to create new ones (the intro to 'speed of sound' is pretty damn close to the 'clocks' melody).

i'd say metallica....but i only really liked them when i was like 16 so i cant say they let me down. everyone knows theyre horrible now anyway.

and actually...radiohead. hail to the thief wasnt very impressive. i guess i got used to them evolving. every album was different up until hail to the thief, but when it came out it just sounded like a mish mash of ok computer and kid a/amnesiac.

• Members

Weezer: I was born and raised on the Blue album, pretty disappointed by Pinkerton, and absolutely sickened by the MTV-approved arrival of "Beverly Hills." For a man who claims to write "hundreds of songs a month," you'd think Rivers Cuomo could offer something a little less cringe-worthy than that {censored}e.

Smashing Pumpkins: blew it after Siamese Dream. There are a few solid tunes on Melon Collie, but a ton of filler, too, not to mention one of the worst album titles ever to grace record store racks. When Corgan abandoned his Big Muffs in favor of nasal screeching, synthetic metal riffs and vampire costumes, he lost me.

Broken Social Scene: their second album, You Forgot It In People, was an atmospheric noise-pop masterpiece. Their new record is full of indulgent, 8-minute jams crammed with sounds but lacking focus.

The Breeders: I think Last Splash is one of the best albums of the 90s. Title TK? Don't get me started.

+1 for Coldplay, but they were always a guilty pleasure anyway. At least now I can say they suck with a straight face and a clean conscience.

The Beta Band: everything after Three E.P.s

The Flaming Lips: is it just me or is the new album utter {censored}e? Soft synths are cool, but how 'bout writing a few songs next go-round?

Guided by Voices: Bee Thousand and Alien Lanes blew my mind. Wha' happen'd?

Jane's Addiction: Two words: Kettle Whistle.

Jeff Buckley: next time you want to take a dip after doing some heavy drinking, wear a {censored}ing life vest. Asshole.

LizPhair: What's an 8-letter compound word for "major label whore?" :freak:

Lou Reed: should have put out two singles as a solo artist: "Walk on the Wild Side" and "Perfect Day." That's it.

Michael Jackson: mostly for his post-Thriller musical output, but the Jesus Juice and kid-diddling was pretty dicey, too.

My Bloody Valentine: So, Mr. Shields... about that follow-up to Loveless... :wave:

Pink Floyd: should have disbanded after Waters left. "Learning to Fly" sounds like a latter day Moody Blues cover. "On the Turning Away" makes middle-aged women weep bitter tears. Embarrassing.

Tricky: Maxinquaye = Genius. Pre-Millenium Tension = Ohhhhhhhhhhhkay, let's see where he's going with this... Oh, DUETS WITH THE SINGER FROM LIVE, that's where he's going! AWESOME!!!

(Speaking of) Live: Disappointed me by forming, then releasing an endless parade of terrible albums, many of them garnering widespread radio play. I would rather hear "the Dolphins cry" than one more note out of Ed Kowalcyk's self-righteous, deluded throat.

R.E.M.: Promised they would break up when one of their members quit. Bill Berry gets a fookin' brain anuersym and Buck-Stipe chortle, "Just Kiddin'!" A deluge of auditory feces follows.

RHCP: To be fair, they only released one great album, but man... "Bloodsugarsexmagik" contains some of the hottest guitar playing ever laid to tape. Now all I can do is lust over Frusciante's pedalboard and pray that a tragic tour bus accident ends the Peppers' increasingly-heinous reign of terror. (Special acknowledgment to Heroin: sapping artists' talent since 1874!)

The Rolling Stones: Sigh. :(

• Members

Originally posted by endo23

Weezer: I was born and raised on the Blue album, pretty disappointed by Pinkerton, and absolutely sickened by the MTV-approved arrival of "Beverly Hills." For a man who claims to write "hundreds of songs a month," you'd think Rivers Cuomo could offer something a little less cringe-worthy than that {censored}e.

Smashing Pumpkins: blew it after Siamese Dream. There are a few solid tunes on Melon Collie, but a ton of filler, too, not to mention one of the worst album titles ever to grace record store racks. When Corgan abandoned his Big Muffs in favor of nasal screeching, synthetic metal riffs and vampire costumes, he lost me.

Broken Social Scene: their second album, You Forgot It In People, was an atmospheric noise-pop masterpiece. Their new record is full of indulgent, 8-minute jams crammed with sounds but lacking focus.

The Breeders: I think Last Splash is one of the best albums of the 90s. Title TK? Don't get me started.

+1 for Coldplay, but they were always a guilty pleasure anyway. At least now I can say they suck with a straight face and a clean conscience.

The Beta Band: everything after Three E.P.s

The Flaming Lips: is it just me or is the new album utter {censored}e? Soft synths are cool, but how 'bout writing a few songs next go-round?

Guided by Voices: Bee Thousand and Alien Lanes blew my mind. Wha' happen'd?

Jane's Addiction: Two words: Kettle Whistle.

Jeff Buckley: next time you want to take a dip after doing some heavy drinking, wear a {censored}ing life vest. Asshole.

LizPhair: What's an 8-letter compound word for "major label whore?"
:freak:

Lou Reed: should have put out two singles as a solo artist: "Walk on the Wild Side" and "Perfect Day." That's it.

Michael Jackson: mostly for his post-Thriller musical output, but the Jesus Juice and kid-diddling was pretty dicey, too.

My Bloody Valentine: So, Mr. Shields... about that follow-up to Loveless...
:wave:

Pink Floyd: should have disbanded after Waters left. "Learning to Fly" sounds like a latter day Moody Blues cover. "On the Turning Away" makes middle-aged women weep bitter tears. Embarrassing.

Tricky: Maxinquaye = Genius. Pre-Millenium Tension = Ohhhhhhhhhhhkay, let's see where he's going with this... Oh, DUETS WITH THE SINGER FROM LIVE, that's where he's going! AWESOME!!!

(Speaking of) Live: Disappointed me by forming, then releasing an endless parade of terrible albums, many of them garnering widespread radio play. I would rather hear "the Dolphins cry" than one more note out of Ed Kowalcyk's self-righteous, deluded throat.

R.E.M.: Promised they would break up when one of their members quit. Bill Berry gets a fookin' brain anuersym and Buck-Stipe chortle, "Just Kiddin'!" A deluge of auditory feces follows.

RHCP: To be fair, they only released one great album, but man... "Bloodsugarsexmagik" contains some of the hottest guitar playing ever laid to tape. Now all I can do is lust over Frusciante's pedalboard and pray that a tragic tour bus accident ends the Peppers' increasingly-heinous reign of terror. (Special acknowledgment to Heroin: sapping artists' talent since 1874!)

The Rolling Stones: Sigh.
:(

From the above I garner ...

1# - You have too much time on your hands.

2# - This comment -

What's an 8-letter compound word for "major label whore?

- proves you are Cosmo's spelling metrosexual of the month, or the lost member of the Queer Eye team that handles all letterheads and correspondence! :idea:

3# - Your chasing me in various threads over spelling errors reveals that you're still bitter about me not validating the Memory Lane.

4# - You coulda been somebody, coulda been a contender.

5# - You may go now.

• Members

Originally posted by ode2no1

and actually...radiohead. hail to the thief wasnt very impressive. i guess i got used to them evolving. every album was different up until hail to the thief, but when it came out it just sounded like a mish mash of ok computer and kid a/amnesiac.

HTTT has a very 'live' sound that okc and Kid A/amn. didn't. I think it's a progression like every album before it.

I may be a little biased because that album maybe a huge impact when I was an impressionable, inexperienced guitarist.

:p

• Members

Originally posted by AnalogJunkie

hmm...

The Mars Volta... after rick ruben stopped working with them their shows/recordings went DOWN DOWN DOWN hill...

hardly what they were 3-4 years ago

WTF?

The recordings are very interesting and fun.

I've seen them live 3 times and each show was better than the next. I saw them play a nearly 3 hour set last summer in Toronto and it was epic.

Archived