Bands who let you down over time

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Smashing Pumkins - Adore and every thing after.

Alice In Chains- When Cantrell stared singing more

Korn- Everything after their first album

Janes Addiction- When they started selling their music for commercials

Stp- Most of there stuff on and after Four

NIN- Some of the Downward Spiral and most of the stuff after

The Darkness- The second album

I could go on but i'll get depressed

:(

• Members

Tool - Way too "metal" these days. I like everything up to Aenima. The production on the more recent albums is way too clean and crisp; I think that their music needs the murky production that made Aenima so engrossing.

Calla - I liked their first few albums. Lo fi textures, loops, a lot of reverb, and just a general spooky ambience. Now they're just getting kind of boring and radio-friendly.

NIN - That last album just straight up sucks. The lyrics are {censored}ing atrocious. It's like reading the journal of a pre-pubescent NIN fan, only somehow Trent thought they were good enough to use for song lyrics. I think he's stagnating in the idea that he has to write for a certain audience. The songs are really bland, outside of one or two exceptions, and the production is kind of stale and uninteresting compared to his previous efforts. Maybe the next album will redeem my opinion, but I'm not counting on it.

• Members

Originally posted by CicadaSilence

NIN - That last album just straight up sucks. The lyrics are {censored}ing atrocious. It's like reading the journal of a pre-pubescent NIN fan, only somehow Trent thought they were good enough to use for song lyrics. I think he's stagnating in the idea that he has to write for a certain audience. The songs are really bland, outside of one or two exceptions, and the production is kind of stale and uninteresting compared to his previous efforts. Maybe the next album will redeem my opinion, but I'm not counting on it.

You know I thought the same thing. It's like he ran out of ideas and raided the fanmail for that {censored}! If you don't feel it anymore change and move on. If people don't like it screw them. I can't believe more people can't see through that album.

• Members

Originally posted by Elliott Damage

my #1 is Weezer.

Heh. First thing I thought of when I saw the title of this thread.

Originally posted by CicadaSilence

Tool - Way too "metal" these days. I like everything up to Aenima. The production on the more recent albums is way too clean and crisp; I think that their music needs the murky production that made Aenima so engrossing.

Interesting. 10,000 Days is probably my favorite to date.

• Members

Originally posted by PurpleStrat

You know I thought the same thing. It's like he ran out of ideas and raided the fanmail for that {censored}! If you don't feel it anymore change and move on. If people don't like it screw them. I can't believe more people can't see through that album.

Yup. I'm assuming he's making enough money that he could probably put out a funk or disco album, and tell everybody to {censored} off if they didn't like it. He should try writing something about how miserable he isn't, and see what happens. Or at least write about politics, which is something that a lot of other angsty bands seem to do when they grow up and stop being angry at their ex-girlfriends.

• Members

Any metal/hard rock band that was good up to '85-'86 sucked after '85-'86. I mean the Tipper Gore thing was a lousy move, but WTF happened to the MUSIC? It became mostly whiny, glossy, scarf-twirling bull{censored}! (OK, Motorhead's an exception, but one can't live on a one makes-me-want-to-learn-it-song per album.)

The grunge stuff was cool to zone-out to, but I can only name two songs from it I wanted to learn("Rooster" and "Smells Like Teen Spirit").

• Members

I went to see Tool Last week.

I was expecting perfection due to their reputatioin of being "The tightest band in the universe".

All I got was a completely stoned guitarist constantly drifting out of time an ego maniacal lead singer strutting and dancing like a chicken on crack and the worst stage banter I have ever heard.

Not only that, it was a short set, they were late on stage and it was

• Members

Originally posted by hempathy

I went to see Tool Last week.

I was expecting perfection due to their reputatioin of being "The tightest band in the universe".

All I got was a completely stoned guitarist constantly drifting out of time an ego maniacal lead singer strutting and dancing like a chicken on crack and the worst stage banter I have ever heard.

Not only that, it was a short set, they were late on stage and it was

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

let's face it...

almost all bands let you down.

most of em reach a certain level and then it's all down hill from there.

one thing's for sure...Bon Jovi's last album just isn't up to par.
:idea:

Vanilla Ice never dissapointed me - he was always where I expected him to be.

• Members

Zakk Wylde/BLS...

I know no one here will admit to liking him, but I think his work with Ozzy set a new benchmark for heavy tone. P&G was a cool idea and Book of Shadows is an OUTSTADING acoustic album. I loved Sonic Brew, heavy riff music that was no holds barred, in the vein of COC and Down. Every album and show since then his disappointed me more and more. I've seen every show in Detroit (excepting Ozzfest) and although the fan base is getting bigger and bigger, his audience is getting dumber and dumber, the music is getting worse and worse and his dumb, drunk, caveman shtick is SO old. :rolleyes: I miss that first BLS tour when they came out, no image and just rocked.

Actually with the exception of a handful of bands (Floyd, Tool) I always seem to like a band's first record best. I love the youthful energy...

Archived