Bands who let you down over time

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

As much as I hate to say this ... Frank Black ... nobody loved Frank more but a few Catholics albums in ... meh

Listen to his newest solo record, titled "Honeycomb." It has some of the most tasteful guitar licks you'll ever hear. Especially the song "I Burn Today." But I basically agree with you. Catholics albums are pretty much bull{censored}, but "Teenager of the Year" is one of my favorite albums of all time.

• Members
Originally posted by drmanbear

Listen to his newest solo record, titled "Honeycomb." It has some of the most tasteful guitar licks you'll ever hear. Especially the song "I Burn Today." But I basically agree with you. Catholics albums are pretty much bull{censored}, but "Teenager of the Year" is one of my favorite albums of all time.

Ok sure will do ... I totally agree regarding TOTY ... that album was {censored}ing genius! If only he had continued with a bit more experimentation in the studio and really pushing his sound - but Frank wanted to go rootsy and get back to basics which is great and very cool for an album or two but he just kept going and the {censored} just got more and more simple ... I gave up and expected each album to become progressively more stripped down until it was just his voice, a banjo and a 2 track! :freak:

I bought up to Dog In the Sand and then gave up.

• Members

I think most bands eventually go bad, although like Tikirocker said, some bands hit their best at the end, for example, The Beatles. Abbey Road is my clear favorite. (Abbey Road was recorded after Let It Be, but released first.)

I'd say a big one though is Phish. I liked pretty much everything up to the hiatus, but after they came back I thought they sucked.

Archived