OT/ Body image in rock?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by mumford

These are invariably people who have no trouble maintaining their weight in the first place so they think it's easy for everyone. Sadly, whenever I hear something like that, I immediately think of that person like they're a 6 year old-- just not mature or wise enough to have any idea what they're talking about.

good point, but we are all 6 years old sometimes...

• Members
Originally posted by Matter-Eater Lad

I didn't ask you to. I said it's a short list. The vast public hates to look at fat {censored}s. That's why 99.9999999% of famous people, models, movie stars, rock stars are of normal weight or thinner.

Yes we know ... that's the point I am making and yours is what?????

Oh hang on you are among the 99.999999999% of people who are shallow Hals. :thu:

• Members

I think anyone who would let someones size cloud thier judgement of the music is not the type of person who takes music to heart

one of my nephews is overweight and I feel bad for him. just recently he was telling me about how all his friends have had lots of girlfriends and him none....granted hes only in 4th (going to 5th this year) grade but hes starting to deal with alot of the {censored} i had seen so many overweight people deal with when i was in school.

i do think from a health standpoint that people as a whole need to teach more about nutrition to thier young ones, and enforce that by taking away the burgers/fries/pizza and replacing with something better - or raise them on the better food from the beginning.

but there are lots of folks who are naturally "big-boned" and could not slim down to average size even if they lost a large portion of body fat

anyway, avoiding music because of a fat singer/guitarist is the same to me as accepting music simply because the singer is pretty. thats why empTV sucks and has for a long time. i remember when it was all music. yes, it was hair metal and 80s pop but at least you knew music was on. now days its all about marketing that look, and the masses eat it up like candy

• Members
Originally posted by fishfartz

I think anyone who would let someones size cloud thier judgement of the music is not the type of person who takes music to heart

one of my nephews is overweight and I feel bad for him. just recently he was telling me about how all his friends have had lots of girlfriends and him none....granted hes only in 4th (going to 5th this year) grade but hes starting to deal with alot of the {censored} i had seen so many overweight people deal with when i was in school.

i do think from a health standpoint that people as a whole need to teach more about nutrition to thier young ones, and enforce that by taking away the burgers/fries/pizza and replacing with something better - or raise them on the better food from the beginning.

but there are lots of folks who are naturally "big-boned" and could not slim down to average size even if they lost a large portion of body fat

anyway, avoiding music because of a fat singer/guitarist is the same to me as accepting music simply because the singer is pretty. thats why empTV sucks and has for a long time. i remember when it was all music. yes, it was hair metal and 80s pop but at least you knew music was on. now days its all about marketing that look, and the masses eat it up like candy

Nice to have comment from a fellow intelligent human being. :thu:

• Members

{censored} I am 21 years old and I have a very good body (haha I do) and I still havent had a girlfriend.

• Members

What the hell are 4th graders doing with boyfriends/girlfriends?????? I swear, the end is near.

• Members

Originally posted by KBN

What the hell are 4th graders doing with boyfriends/girlfriends?????? I swear, the end is near.

c'mon, i was like 13 when i first got laid, hes going on 11 so its not too far fetched. i was born in 76 so it was a little ways back, but not too far.

• Members

c'mon, i was like 13 when i first got laid, hes going on 11 so its not too far fetched. i was born in 76 so it was a little ways back, but not too far.

Wow! Color me Sheltered.

• Members

I'm too lazy to read this thread entirely, so if I'm repeating anything I apologize

I think appearance still mattered a bit even before MTV

but apparently, being large is usually only okay if your'e a rapper
if I ever find myself at 300 pounds, I'm buying two turntables and a microphone

but my favorite fat rocker has got to be Frank Black
honorable mention, because he's dead, to Capt. Trips

Archived