Famous guitar players that wear a rug...

dixxon

• Members

Al Dimeola (sp?) wears a hairpiece. I'm prettyy sure that Ritchie Blackmore wore a wig during the latter part of his tenure w/ Deep Purple. The Edge just wears that stocking cap all the time...why can't he accept his baldness ? I thought U2 were all about truth ?

• Members

Kevin Dubrow !!!..Good one !! His is really bad. Let's include everybody..singers etc. You have to feel a little sorry for these guys because let's face it: there was a time when rock and roll was ALL ABOUT HAIR...it still is !!

• Members

Originally posted by Klisk

If you're making good money, isn't it time for implants?
:freak:

My biggest fear in life is going bald, though.

Sadly, it's almost 90% certain to happen.
:cry:

Mine too ! Although I'm 52 and am lucky to still have a full head of hair...but I always have bad dreams about being bald. I don't want to make fun of bald guys...just trying to point out that it's tough to be bald when you're a rock star.

I admire James Taylor and Pete Townshend because both of them totally accepted their baldness and presented their baldness to the public. It's really a lot more classy to do that I think.:p

• Members

Originally posted by Klisk

My biggest fear in life is going bald, though.

Out of curiousity, why? A friend of mine was balding at 20 so he just shaved it and he pulled it off really well. I really don't care, and think it's a lot worse to try and hide it then to just go with it, nature will catch up to you eventually. If you don't believe me...

patent-combover.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by jackpotjewell

Billy Corgan?

Billy's just plain bald....he's cool not hide it though. Looking for rug-wearers only. Mainly because: EVERYONE can tell that a bald guy is wearing a toupe !! It never looks real...never.:freak:

• Members

Elliot Easton wore a rug from the start, I think he was just one of those guys who started losing their hair in high school. They got better as the Cars got bigger, I think the rug he had during the Heatbeat City era, when the Cars were one of the biggest bands in the world, was probably the best I have seen.

When he did the Creedence thing, he quit the rug, and went to the hat. Now he's got a pretty stylish rug.

In other, unrelated Elliot Easton news, I spent a few minutes talking to Ed Roman last week, and for some reason he decided to show me his private stock in his office. He showed me some custom guitars awaiting delivery, and one was a really cool single P-90 Les Paul Junior copy, left handed, for Elliot. It was really beautiful.

I also played one of Eddie Van Halen's early Kramers...not a signature model, I mean one that he customized himself with the stripes and all...it was very well worn. Just for a second, but that was pretty cool. I bet it is worth $100,000 or more. Of course I did the tapping thing, and a divebomb. Fun.

Oh, and he showed me two custom PRS copies made for Ted Nugent, with the invoice stuck in the strings...I tried to see how much, but I couldn't. I did see a big PAID IN FULL though. Anyway, it has his cursive Ted Nugent logo inlaid on the fretboard, a cave painting of a guy throwing a spear, and then Ed flipped it over, and showed me a door in the back about the size of the average cavity cover. He asked "Can you guess what this is for?" and I shrugged and said, "I dunno, active electronics, onboard fx?"....he flips it open and there is a two shot derringer pistol in there.

Fuckin Nuge.:D

• Members

Originally posted by godard

Out of curiousity, why? A friend of mine was balding at 20 so he just shaved it and he pulled it off really well. I really don't care, and think it's a lot worse to try and hide it then to just go with it, nature will catch up to you eventually. If you don't believe me...

If I did go bald I'd definitely just shave it all off, I'm smart enough to do that. :D

I'd be miserable, though. I just like having long hair, probably always will. Even in grammar school I was crazy about having long hair. Just how I am I guess. :freak:

There's no such thing as a good toupe, though. I'd get implants if I had that type of money, for sure. Right now I'm working the myth that green tea can prolong balding. Not that it can do any harm, tea is healthy anyways, so yeah.

• Members

Originally posted by Bruno

Nope he just shaved his head
:)

Because he was going bald. :D If you see him while the hair is starting to grow in, the hairline is pretty far back. But you could tell he was losing his hair just by watching their DVD before he shaved it.

Archived