Anyone own a bad-ass yet really obscure effect pedal?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

Big Jam!

i didn't know about that brand till i saw their delay on ebay recently. are they US? MIJ? what does the space driver do? (please don't tell me it's an overdrive cuz i'll be really disappointed.)

MIJ, around the same time as the Ibanez 9 series. Yeah, the Space Driver is some kind of OD pedal made for fusion. Apparantly it has a "compression" parameter. They seemed to combine effects toward the end of the run; the Jazz Flanger has a distortion parameter and a master volume, and the delay has a reverb (short delay or true reverb I have no idea). Tonefrenzy have a Space Driver for sale, but they want US$195 :eek:

• Members

Originally posted by Eye_Of_The_Liger

I have a
Studio Series CH-01
chorus that I think sounds really lush and warm. I can pretty much nail Andy Summers' (The Police) tone with it. I got it for free from a friend of mine from waaaay back in high school, and it's probably the only chorus pedal I'll ever need.

Pics:

studioseries_ch-01_001.jpg

studioseries_ch-01_002.jpg

Thats awsome. I have one too.

35954b70.jpg

I just rehoused mine though because the switch was going bad. I think i might have messed something up though, because it doesnt sound the same. Is there a chance someone could take pictre of the guts or draw a diagram for me? I got it to work, but it doesnt sound nearly as lush as it did before:(

• Members

Originally posted by Seth Carmody

MIJ, around the same time as the Ibanez 9 series. Yeah, the Space Driver is some kind of OD pedal made for fusion. Apparantly it has a "compression" parameter. They seemed to combine effects toward the end of the run; the Jazz Flanger has a distortion parameter and a master volume, and the delay has a reverb (short delay or true reverb I have no idea). Tonefrenzy have a Space Driver for sale, but they want US$195
:eek:

yikes. pricey.

seems like the prices aren't bad on these.

rare but still sleepers.

there's a jazz flanger on ebay now!

you should get it!

:idea:

:p

• Members

Is there?

What, you mean this one? :phttp://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&item=25004675898

Actually someone bought it BIN a few days ago then backed out because apparantly they didn't realise it had significant chips in the enamel. :rolleyes: Even had the gall to suggest I'd mislead them (I asked my family and they say the chips aren't obvious, I'm 'well loved" and still in good shape..) :mad::rolleyes::)

• Members

Is there?

What, you mean this one?
:p
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&item=25004675898

Actually someone bought it BIN a few days ago then backed out because apparantly they didn't realise it had significant chips in the enamel.
:rolleyes:
Even had the gall to suggest I'd mislead them (I asked my family and they say the chips aren't obvious, I'm 'well loved" and still in good shape..)
:mad::rolleyes::)

you mean that very noticeable one on the lower left corner or the various smaller ones that you might over look if you were colorblind or forgot your glasses?

;)

have you tried many of the Big Jams?

tried the delay?

• Members

Originally posted by Armoredfist316

Is there a chance someone could take pictre of the guts or draw a diagram for me? I got it to work, but it doesnt sound nearly as lush as it did before:(

There's a picture of the inside of your model here:

http://filters.muziq.be/model/gig/ch01

If you need more I can take some of my Washburn.

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

you mean that very noticeable one on the lower left corner or the various smaller ones that you might over look if you were colorblind or forgot your glasses?

;)

have you tried many of the Big Jams?

tried the delay?

Only the two mentioned. The Biphase is a keeper, the Flanger is a bit to tame for me. I bid on a Spit Wah (wtf? :D) the other day hoping it might be a thinly veild Mutron III clone, but was sniped. Never tried the delay, but anything with sliders is cool IMO :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by CicadaSilence

I've got one of these. It's the
:eek:
on bass.

moneyshot.jpg

what's that again?

i remember seeing it.

maybe from the last time you were showing it off.

;)

Only the two mentioned. The Biphase is a keeper, the Flanger is a bit to tame for me. I bid on a Spit Wah (wtf?
:D
) the other day hoping it might be a thinly veild Mutron III clone, but was sniped. Never tried the delay, but anything with sliders is cool IMO
:cool:

they do add a charm.

you'd probably love White Castle...

index.3.jpg

:idea:

Archived