Anyone own a bad-ass yet really obscure effect pedal?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's close to this thread, where I made a long list (mainly Russian and eastern-european effects) :)

But I have some new ones since and this is one of them (received it last week :)):

beckmen_bpa-200_001.jpg

http://filters.muziq.be/model/beckmen/bpa200

A pre-Roland Boss product and not the one that's in most Boss histories (Boss book, history on Boss US site), that's the B-100

But ok, it's not really a pedal as it has no switch and a belt clip ;)

• Members

Originally posted by Eye_Of_The_Liger

I can't tell if you're kidding or not...
:(

I've never seen that pedal anywhere else. It took me 5 tries in Google just to find that one link! It's a very generic looking pedal IMO, but it's one I'll never get rid of.

I bought the Washburn version of it for 20 euro a few weeks ago ;)

And next time, start looking on my site before trying google :p

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

:thu:

I hit up your site at least once a week trying to find info on random pedals.

Hehe :)

I still need to add a lot of information...

Maybe I should make some toplists for weird pedals / weird shapes / ... but at the moment the "new/updated" pages are probably the best way to find new stuff :)

• Members

Washburn / Studio Series / ....

These are all from the same series, the top row just has a different "plate" (not sure that's the correct word?) that controls the switch.

locowashburn.jpg

I couldn't find the Panther Compressor (and possibly some others) in my mess of a music room :)

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

Big Jam!

i didn't know about that brand till i saw their delay on ebay recently. are they US? MIJ? what does the space driver do? (please don't tell me it's an overdrive cuz i'll be really disappointed.)

Big-Jam was produced by the Multivox company which went out of business in the late 70's or early eighties. They made a lot of cool things including Tape-Echo machines, analog delay/reverb rack units and the little david, which was a leslie simulator that looked like a miniature leslie cabinet. The space drive is just an overdrive.

• Members

I've never seen that pedal anywhere else. It took me 5 tries in Google just to find that one link! It's a very generic looking pedal IMO, but it's one I'll never get rid of.

littleboardym1.th.png

There's mine, on the end. I got it about 3 years ago in a Guitar Center. Like another poster said, there are some different ones out there made by different people. I found an exact copy of the Studio Series chorus that was made by Locobox on the internet somewhere.

• Members

http://cgi.ebay.com/Yamaha-CH-10MII-Chorus-Effect-Pedal-Vintage-Analog_W0QQitemZ300042356189QQihZ020QQcategoryZ41413QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

thats the chorus i swear by, i have only ever seen one other one, and the guy was crazy about it too. it has a little presence boost, so it makes things sparkle. truly a bad ass pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by Lone Flanger

I found an exact copy of the Studio Series chorus that was made by Locobox on the internet somewhere.

Not just Loco Box:

Cutec CH-01 Stereo Chorus

Gig CH-01 Chorus

Loco Box CH-01 Stereo Chorus

PowerVoice CH-01 Stereo Chorus

Redson Chorus 12

Studio Series CH-01 Stereo Chorus

Washburn A-SC7 Stereo Chorus

And these only have a different switch, the rest is the same:

Digiplay CH-70 Stereo Chorus

Panther CH-70 Stereo Chorus

Rayder CH-70 Stereo Chorus

Stinger CH-70 Stereo Chorus

• Members

I have the phaser and I see the flanger all the time. They were made by guyatone in the 80s in Japan.

• Members

Originally posted by jackpotjewell

Big-Jam was produced by the Multivox company which went out of business in the late 70's or early eighties. They made a lot of cool things including Tape-Echo machines, analog delay/reverb rack units and the little david, which was a leslie simulator that looked like a miniature leslie cabinet. The space drive is just an overdrive.

oh that's right. i remember reading that they did rack stuff. i did a search here when i saw the delay on ebay.

hey, guys, remember searches?!

:)

Archived