Barge Concepts Harmonic Percolator clone

mukuzi

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by sonaboy

by the way - if i came off as a hater earlier - not intended.

I'm digging any garage pedal builder who's trying to do something different with their projects, and you definitely have that down.

congrats on the new design. I had a Bee Baa clone for a while, and while i thought it was a great tool, it just wasn't for me at the time. It's good to see someone making another high quality clone of this cool pedal. keep it up guys!

No worries, sonaboy - thank you!

The Shellac issue is worth mentioning - it's obviously the sound some people have in mind when approaching any HP-1-alike. With the right gear and the right touch, some of those sounds are in the BP-1, but we think the pedal stands on it's own merits.

Again, thanks! :wave:

• Members
Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee

Okay Geoff - I took your advice and ran the BP-1 through a Strat and my Les Paul Gem tonight and here's the results of the past 2 hours of great fun with this pedal. Congrats on your second win little Brother!
:cool:

http://www.rivercityrockets.com/PedalOfTheMonth.html

:thu::wave:

Damn, Rev! :eek:

I'd thought POTM was on hiatus - but we definitely appreciate the recognition.

An hour ago I was screaming at the laminate cutter and getting ready to throw my recording interface out the window - the feedback we get from our friends and clients puts everything in perspective and makes all of this worthwhile.

As always, thank you for your support!

• Members

Originally posted by RUExp?

I have a Dano FAB distortion and it sounds very close to the clip of the HP on the tonefrenzy site.

I haven't had a chance to try out the FAB yet, for what ever reason the GC I frequent never seems to have it. You wouldn't happen to have a schematic, would you? Thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by friendlybunny

How does this pedal work? Do you hit the "bypass switch" for a boost, and the "drive" switch for the distortion? Does is do mild distortion when the "drive" is engaged, and then full fuzz when the bypass switch is engaged?

I've read the description and can't figure it out.

Thanks...

The Bypass switch acts as your master on/off switch. The Drive switch activates an input buffer, which can be set at unity gain, or provide up to a 20db boost (based on the setting of the Drive pot) to the front end of the BP.

In really general terms, with the Drive disengaged, the BP goes from dirty boost to OD/distortion. Kicking in the Drive side takes it to even sharper textures and out into harsh fuzz tones.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to drop us an email. Thanks for your interest in Barge Concepts!

• Members

Sorry if I came off mentally ill there man - clips only cover so much tonal turf - you really have to run this bad boy through a guitar and an amp and let her scream. I understand what you were getting at tho because alot of overdrives will sound very similar with computer based clips and at low bedroom levels - it's when you crank them live where the cream rises to the crop. And for the record - at the time I had the Dano Fab tone, I also had the Daddy-O and the Dan-Echo and loved them all. That's been quite awhile back now
:D

I even used to run a microphone thru the Dan-Echo for the trailing off vocals on Kenny Wayne Shepards "Blue on Black"
:cool:

Rock on with yer bad self Bro!
:)

It's all good. :cool:

I was refering to the new FAB distortion and not the old Fab Tone.

• Members

Originally posted by camerashake

I haven't had a chance to try out the FAB yet, for what ever reason the GC I frequent never seems to have it. You wouldn't happen to have a schematic, would you? Thanks.

Sorry, I don't have a schematic.

• Members

The Bypass switch acts as your master on/off switch. The Drive switch activates an input buffer, which can be set at unity gain, or provide up to a 20db boost (based on the setting of the Drive pot) to the front end of the BP.

In really general terms, with the Drive disengaged, the BP goes from dirty boost to OD/distortion. Kicking in the Drive side takes it to even sharper textures and out into harsh fuzz tones.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to drop us an email. Thanks for your interest in Barge Concepts!

Thanks! Makes perfect sense. For some reason I couldn't figure it out...

I want one!

• Members

I tried to hold off when this thread first came up. Truth be told, I was fooling myself...I didn't stand a chance. I can't wait for this pedal to arrive.

So far the folks at Barge have been living up to their amazing reputation.

• Members

Found it for you Geoff!
:D

Nice.:D

The FabTone does have its purpose. It's decent in a feedback loop, has enough gain and opamps that it would make a great candidate for circuit bending, and it's perfect the LOUD part of post-rockish, quiet/loud melodrama. I usually sell off anything I'm not using or emotionally attached too, but I still have my fab tone, and I've actually had a few.

Originally posted by friendlybunny

Thanks! Makes perfect sense. For some reason I couldn't figure it out...

I want one!

If you have any other questions or if/when you want to place an order, drop us an email, we'll be around.

Originally posted by 61SG

I tried to hold off when this thread first came up. Truth be told, I was fooling myself...I didn't stand a chance. I can't wait for this pedal to arrive.

So far the folks at Barge have been living up to their amazing reputation.

Thanks for the kind words!:wave:

• Members

Originally posted by elctmist

This pedal rawks hard folks. Its like a punk rock version of the "Tim" pedal.

Dan- Nice meeting you yesterday. Sorry I had to spam and run, but glad to know you're enjoying the BP.

I more or less get your Tim comment - I haven't tried one, but interesting comparison. Anyway, enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

• Members

Originally posted by houseofglass21

geez, that guitar needs tuning badly.

i second that. also the clip didn't make think "i should buy this it sounds great". maybe someone should make a better clip. Maybe a clip that show cases the 'unique sound' this pedal is suppose to have.

• Members

You're 100% right.

In our eagerness to get clips up and make good on long overdue promises, we jumped the gun and forgot something fairly important - I'm not much of a guitar player. Although we're very proud of the pedals we make available, that doesn't mean we should subject any of you to my couchside noodling (Be glad you don't live in my building. Paper thin walls + me + the two screaming kids next door + the guy downstairs that loves to blast Muzak out of his Casio = some new circle of hell).

Anyway, the upside of all of this is that a couple of BP owners have offered to make some better clips - which I'm sure will be far superior to anything we'd produce.

In all sincerity, thank you to everyone for your comments, public and private. Sometimes, there's nothing more useful than some outside feedback.

Keep on keepin' on!

• Members

That really isn't a flattering clip.

:eek:

I think I'm just outside the honeymoon period, so I feel safe to say I'm really impressed by my BP-1. I've been using it as my only drive pedal pretty much since I've got it, or occasionally sharing space with a Frantone cream puff for the heavier sets.

The BP-1 is basically tone neutral on my set up, what I put in is what comes out, ranging from slightly hotter to full of fury. It's exactly what I wanted. And the build quality is fantastic.

Which is why I'm so surprised at that sound clip. :(

• Members

Dan- Nice meeting you yesterday. Sorry I had to spam and run, but glad to know you're enjoying the BP.

I more or less get your Tim comment - I haven't tried one, but interesting comparison. Anyway, enjoy!

Still digging this one. Used it a gig last week with my Reverend and more or less left the pedal on all the time with just a modicum of chimey grit rolled-in and then used the drive to boost it when needed.

Archived