packing!

:D /:o

Originally posted by Remedy

how bout this for a religion -

let people do what the fark they want wehter its scientology, christian whateva

whomitajudge

:)

nah.
it's not just about letting people believe what they want--because many who get involved in scientology can't believe what they want because they've been brainwashed.
a lot of people are brought it through "psychological help" organizations, drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs, etc. by the time they've kicked the habit or stabilized mentally they've been completely converted (i.e. brainwashed).

Originally posted by Brian Marshall

I don't see how scientology is any crazier than any other religion... well i guess they do ask for money for the classes and stuff.

It did make for a good south park episode.

this is a "religion" invented by one guy--a hack writer--who admitted frequently that he was sick of getting paid pennies a word--that to make real money you should start a religion. it uses plain old hokey pseudo-science that you can hardly believe people buy into:
"Most auditing uses an E-meter, a device that measures very small changes in electrical resistance through the human body when a person is holding onto tin cans and a small current is passed through them. The auditing process is intended to help the practitioner (referred to as a preclear or PC) to unburden himself or herself of specific traumatic incidents, prior ethical transgressions and bad decisions, which are said to collectively restrict the preclear from achieving his or her goals and lead to the development of a 'reactive mind.'" (from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology)

and of course:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenu

:freak:

• Members
Originally posted by GuyaGuy

:D
/:o

nah.

it's not just about letting people believe what they want--because many who get involved in scientology can't believe what they want because they've been brainwashed.

a lot of people are brought it through "psychological help" organizations, drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs, etc. by the time they've kicked the habit or stabilized mentally they've been completely converted (i.e. brainwashed).

yeah brainwashing - like the daily 'news' does to millions on their TV sets every day. Like what we are 'taught' in schools. Like ALL the religions do.

Point is - we are ALL brainwashed to some degree, in one form or another. Who am I to judge someone else 'wrong'. Does it really matter to YOU(or anyone) what someone else does with their time or beleives in?

I rate scientology just as good as any other 'religion'...

I guess I could sum it all up with a shrug of the shoulders

• Members

yeah brainwashing - like the daily 'news' does to millions on their TV sets every day. Like what we are 'taught' in schools. Like ALL the religions do.

Point is - we are ALL brainwashed to some degree, in one form or another. Who am I to judge someone else 'wrong'. Does it really matter to YOU(or anyone) what someone else does with their time or beleives in?

I rate scientology just as good as any other 'religion'...

I guess I could sum it all up with a shrug of the shoulders

of course everyone out there is trying to exert his will to power or world view or what have you--religious groups, corporations, etc. i just think your underestimating the harm that Scientology has done--financially, socially, emotionally, etc. it's not just that the person believes that we all come from a space alien that brought us here on a DC-8. it's that the person's ability to think for himself is so far gone that he's even able to believe that. it's that it's a real cult taking away people's money, ability to think straight, regular lives, and sense of self.

• Members

of course everyone out there is trying to exert his will to power or world view or what have you--religious groups, corporations, etc. i just think your underestimating the harm that Scientology has done--financially, socially, emotionally, etc. it's not just that the person believes that we all come from a space alien that brought us here on a DC-8. it's that the person's ability to think for himself is so far gone that he's even able to believe that. it's that it's a real cult taking away people's money, ability to think straight, regular lives, and sense of self.

I agree with ya mate :) But I dont have the time to 'save the masses' today :) from scientology or any belief

See, if I try and 'convince ' all the scientologists that what they are beleiving in is just made up and wrong and they should subscribe more to my way of thinking then in a way I'm no different to Scientology itself.

I say, set people free to beleive what they want and expect the same in return. Besides, how do you know your view is right? maybe we did come from Xenus space rocket, no? .:idea::)

• Members

maybe we did come from Xenus space rocket, no? .
:idea::)

Pretty tough sell given our current state of knowledge.

According to L. Ron, Xenu was the ruler of The Galactic Confederacy. This is not revealed to Scientologists until they reach the level of OT III. Once achieving this level, one is informed that Xenu's Galactic Confederacy ruled a broad swath of the galaxy, and lasted for "eighty trillion years". ("The ITSA Line") 75 million years ago, at the time of Xenu's mass murder, the Galactic Confederacy comprised 26 stars and 76 planets, including Earth (then called Teegeeack).

So, where are all these planets? The current estimate of the age of the universe is 13.7 billion years. So how did Xenu rule the galaxy for trillions of years before the universe began? There are othe inconsistencies, but you get the drift.

:freak: :freak: :confused::freak: :freak:

• Members

:D
/:o

this is a "religion" invented by one guy--a hack writer--who admitted frequently that he was sick of getting paid pennies a word--that to make real money you should start a religion. it uses plain old hokey pseudo-science that you can hardly believe people buy into:

"Most auditing uses an E-meter, a device that measures very small changes in electrical resistance through the human body when a person is holding onto tin cans and a small current is passed through them. The auditing process is intended to help the practitioner (referred to as a preclear or PC) to unburden himself or herself of specific traumatic incidents, prior ethical transgressions and bad decisions, which are said to collectively restrict the preclear from achieving his or her goals and lead to the development of a 'reactive mind.'" (from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology
)

:freak:

Well, when i was in catholic school i was taught that praying would help make my life better... that if i sinned id burn in hell... that god was a vengeful god, and we were put here only to love him. Christianity was considered a cult for the first few centruries of its existance.

• Members

The link between Hubbard and Crowley is interesting

"One of Crowley's most-lasting (but entirely unintended) contributions to the world of religion came from one of the OTO's American branches, led by self-proclaimed "Antichrist Superstar" Jack Parsons. Parsons ran a California OTO lodge that attracted a young L. Ron Hubbard as an aspirant. According to OTO lore and various biographies, Hubbard allegedly joined the group and engaged in an affair with Parsons' mistress (with Parsons' knowledge).

Knowing a good thing when he saw it, Hubbard made off with the girl, a substantial amount of Parsons' cash (allegedly), and several major tenets of Thelema, which he re-metaphorized into the big-budget, George-Lucas-on-crack, metaphysical framework of Scientology (allegedly), a religious enterprise (allegedly) renowned for its (alleged) litigiousness (allegedly, allegedly, allegedly)."
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/religion/aleister-crowley/

"Hubbard had clear connections to the occult. Even in the first publication of dianetics in "Astounding Science Fiction", Hubbard in explaining how he did his "research" into what the mind was doing, says he used "automatic writing, speaking and clairvoyance" (1) to discover what the mind's memory banks were doing. Automatic writing is an occult method of communicating with the spirit world, although psychologists consider its products to arise from subconscious thoughts of the writer. Whichever is correct, it is hardly a method used by competent scientific researchers.

Hubbard's connection to the occultist Aleister Crowley is quite clear and noteworthy. Crowley called himself the Anti-Christ, the Beast of Revelations, and 666. Russell Miller has adequately chronicled Hubbard's connection in 1945 to John W. Parsons, who headed Crowley's Ordo Templi Orientis chapter in Los Angeles. (2) Hubbard was an active member in this group for several months, and first met his second wife there. The Church of Scientology claims that Hubbard was actually infiltrating this group in order to break it up, but the following should suffice to dismiss this claim."
http://www.xs4all.nl/~kspaink/cos/essays/jacobsen_magic.html

Googling brings up a LOT of stuff
http://www.google.no/search?hl=no&rls=GGLJ%2CGGLJ%3A2006-41%2CGGLJ%3Aen&q=hubbard+crowley&meta=

In the midst of this mess is Jack Parson

"an American rocket propulsion researcher at the California Institute of Technology and co-founder of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) and Aerojet Corporation."

"He was by all accounts a brilliant chemist, who made major breakthroughs in designing the chemical composition of liquid rocket fuels.

Parsons' fuel mixtures eventually helped America land on the moon (Ha! A likely story!) According to countercultural journalist Richard Metzger, Werner von Braun claimed that Parsons (a high-school dropout) was the true father of the American space program."

But also an occultist, working with Crowley.

"He was chosen by Aleister Crowley to lead Agape Lodge, the Thelemic Ordo Templi Orientis (O.T.O.) in California in 1942 after Crowley expelled Wilfred Smith from the position."

"In January of 1946, Parsons, Betty, and Hubbard started a boat dealing company named Allied Enterprises. Parsons put in a large sum of approximately $21,000

• Members

Originally posted by The Real MC

That "certificate" is dated 1952, $cientology wasn't established until 1954.

Originally posted by virtualtoad

Your information is wrong.

http://www.scientology.org/en_US/l-ron-hubbard/chronicle/pg008.html

Try doing 2 minutes worth of research before stating "facts".

Try clicking on "NEXT" and you will see that the Elron established the "Church" in 1954.

• Members

Besides being an acknowledged satanist, Elron was a major charlatan. He lied about many things about his past. He claimed extraordinary accomplishments yet records show he was a dismal failure. But $cientology doesn't want their members to know that. Elron encouraged his members to lie, and it still takes place today - Co$ PR are the biggest most deceptive spin tactics you have ever seen.

Co$ is a dangerous cult bent on mind control, and they exploit the legal system and the copyright/trademark system. Many courts are getting wise to Co$ tactics and they have been expelled from many european countries. They are officially a cult, not a church, because their doctrine rejects Jesus Christ and God. Co$ will tell you that other religions are welcome, but they don't tell you that as you progress through the studies they badger you into rejecting God and Jesus Christ. Another example of their deceptive spin tactics.

The best example of their abuse of the legal system was their IRS tax exemption. IRS had the support of the courts for years when they denied Co$ their tax exemption. The Co$ responded by piling on thousands of lawsuits on the IRS and infiltrating IRS offices. Ultimately Co$ won their tax exemption only because the IRS didn't have the resources to fight all those lawsuits. True to Co$ fashion, the IRS settlement was kept secret until The Wall Street Journal exposed it under FOIA and it was uncovered that Co$ was granted privileges that no other religious group has, and that if those privileges were extended to anyone else it was grounds for litigation against the IRS. This ignited a huge backlash against Co$.

• Members

Your information is wrong.

Try doing 2 minutes worth of research before stating "facts".

Try clicking on "NEXT" and you will see that the Elron established the "Church" in 1954.

Nice backpedal, weasel boy. We both know you were suggesting the certificate was somehow illegitimate because of the date.

I think that title of the thread is "Any Scientologists here?".... I could be wrong - but I doubt it.

Your obviously weasely nature not withstanding, it seems to me that when L. Ron Hubbard establishes a Scientology Institute in 1952, complete with the modern Scientology doctrine intact, and you graduate from that institute in 1952, that pretty much makes you a "Scientologist".

The fact that it took him two years to apply for tax-exempt status seems to be insignificant at best. Nice try though.

• Members

Nice backpedal, weasel boy. We both know you were suggesting the certificate was somehow illegitimate because of the date.

I think that title of the thread is "Any Scientologists here?".... I could be wrong - but I doubt it.

Your obviously weasely nature not withstanding, it seems to me that when L. Ron Hubbard establishes a Scientology Institute in 1952, complete with the modern Scientology doctrine intact, and you graduate from that institute in 1952, that pretty much makes you a "Scientologist".

The fact that it took him two years to apply for tax-exempt status seems to be insignificant at best. Nice try though.

An ad hominem attack. Weasel? Please. Rather than admit to the facts, you resort to name calling. Stick and stones.

Ad hominem attacks are a favorite tactic of $cientology, encouraged by Elron himself. So who's behaving like a $cientologist now, huh...?

Nice try, but that was birdshot. And chill out.

• Members

An ad hominem attack. Weasel? Please. Rather than admit to the facts, you resort to name calling. Stick and stones.

Ad hominem attacks are a favorite tactic of $cientology, encouraged by Elron himself. So who's behaving like a $cientologist now, huh...?

Nice try, but that was birdshot. And chill out.

Okay... I don't mean this unkindly - but are you retarded?

Fact # 1: Scientology was established in 1952. It was called the Phoenix Scientology Institute.

Fact # 2: In 1954 L. Ron Hubbard changed the name of the organization to the Church or Scientology in an effort to be granted Tax-Free status. Same organization, same doctrine, same administration, slightly different name & tax status.

Which facts am I not admitting?

Look, when I'm wrong, I admit it and move on. You're wrong - just admit it. Avoiding the argument is a tad bit weasel-like.

Archived