OT: Have $2.2 Million?

Jaymeister

• Members

Originally posted by Jaymeister

You saw that too? Guess when you are a guitar god you can demand an unlimited plethora of sauces to go on your Kraft Dinner.

ahhhh....good point! Never thought of that.

I wonder if shredder kids are going to start collecting sauce bottles now.

• Members

You saw that too? Guess when you are a guitar god you can demand an unlimited plethora of sauces to go on your Kraft Dinner.

My guess is he has been searching for the right extreme sauce to match his extreme whammy bar skills.

• Members

It is over 4700+ sq ft.

nothing compared to the houses up here. I cant velieve it when i see ads for houses in nyc and LA for 2-3 million, and there TINY compared to the houses up here. Vai's house would go for 500-800k where i live. It's not unusual to see houses around here with 5+ beds and baths, 2 garages, guest house, 4 stories.

• Members
Originally posted by wacopacco

nothing compared to the houses up here. I cant velieve it when i see ads for houses in nyc and LA for 2-3 million, and there TINY compared to the houses up here. Vai's house would go for 500-800k where i live. It's not unusual to see houses around here with 5+ beds and baths, 2 garages, guest house, 4 stories.

The price is probably because it's on the side of a hill in LA.

Hey...the address is listed in the auction. Maybe we should send Steve a Christmas card.:idea:

• Members

The price is probably because it's on the side of a hill in LA.

Hey...the address is listed in the auction. Maybe we should send Steve a Christmas card.
:idea:

haha yea i would never live in LA. I was thinking that too. "hmm what to do with Steve Vais address.....":evil:

• Members

Originally posted by stompboxx

How do you know it's Steve Vai's house?

Steve Vai's studio is called "the mothership", and that term is used in the description of the property.

Did you look at the studio? It's either his house or the owner needs therapy for having such an infatuation with Carvin amps. Notice the wallpaper in the studio, and the vine of life carpet in the control booth.

Mothership Studio

It is over 4700+ sq ft.

Honestly, when I looked at it, I thought "hey, that doesn't look any nicer than Mom and Dad's house"... :o Theirs is bigger (5,500 sq ft), has an arguably better view and definitely larger lot (2.5 acres), and is internally similar in terms of appointments and so forth. And his studio, while somewhat better equipped, isn't physically much bigger than mine. IOW, I was honestly expecting "more" from a rich and famous rock star. Nice house though, and I'm sure its location in Hollywood adds substantially to its value / price.

I wonder why he's selling it, and where he's planning on moving to...

Archived