Ibanez TC-10 Twin Cam Chorus

deadbob166

• Members

The Twin Cam Chorus is the 10-series update of the BC-9/BCL Bi-Mode Chorus. I've got a BCL (looks identical to the 10-series, circuit is probably identical as well), and it's been my favorite chorus ever - lush doesn't begin to describe it.

I still use my PolyChorus for stereo chorus effects, but the BCL is still on the board and serves its own purpose for sure. I've liked it better than the following choruses I've owned:

SC-10 Super Stereo Chorus

Maxon Stereo Chorus

DCL Digital Chorus (pretty rank, actually)

I'm also a huge fan of the L and 10 series Ibanez pedals in general. They're built quite well and sound just as good as the 9-series IMHO, and are cstill heaper than used Boss pedals overall. The Metal Charger (aka Super Metal) is a lost gem for a dirt box, the flangers are great, and the digidelay is good for what it is. If you don't like the TS-10, get a MSL Metal Screamer or a STL Super Tube...they can all be had for less than $50 nowadays.

• Members

any of the delays in the 10 series are worth it.

the sea blue and green delay is a mighty fine digidelay.

that series also has some great modulated delays.

collect the whole set.

i've had the flanger, delay, tube screamer and chorus from the 10 series and i wish i still had them all.

great great series.

• Members

I would love to someday collect them all, something about them is so asthetically pleasing to me(cheesy 80's look?). And It seems like you could put together an awesome, super compact board using only 10 series pedals.

I think I want the DML-10, Metal charger, or Mostortion next.

• Members

Originally posted by deadbob166

I would love to someday collect them all, something about them is so asthetically pleasing to me(cheesy 80's look?). And It seems like you could put together an awesome, super compact board using only 10 series pedals.

I think I want the DML-10, Metal charger, or Mostortion next.

I absolutely love the way they look. The SF-10 has little pacmans for knobs! :love: I bought the thing for that reason alone...but hot damn if it isn't a sweet analog flanger! They also have the best battery compartment ever and easy to reach trimpots on some so you can tweak them.

00swellflange.jpg

• Members

Edit: Misread the write up :o Thought one of the TC10's channels was a vibrato like the VB-2. PC10 write up confirms both channels of the TC10 are the same.

The Ibanez Power Series pocket manual about the TC10 Twin Cam Chorus:

" The TC10 can do everything that a regular stereo chorus can do, and then some. We have combined two individual sweep sections into one unit. Use Modulator "A" for true vibrato and high speed pitch bends and modulator "B" for normal chorusing effects. Use either separately or mix both together for truly unique sweeps and complex patterns. Step out even farther and tap into the normal and inverted stereo outputs for the ultimate in chorusing."

Funnily enough they criticise their own SC10 when hyping up this pedal.

"Through the use of dual modulation, the TC10 allows deeper and more realistic chorusing than the SC10 without as much chance of offensive side effects such as phase shifts (causing amplitude drops at regular intervals), out of tune notes or chords and periodic sweeps unrelated to the tempo of the music. By modulating at 2 different speeds and depths simultaneously, less depth or width (change in delay time) is needed to create and obvious effect. The TC10 is the very best effect you can use to create a stereo image using two amps."

I just got rid of my BC-10 and was thinking of picking one up, but the only one on ebay at the time was $50 and pretty beat up.

• Members

They're not that common down here and sort of expensive. I got a DMLII off the local ebay a few years back and sold it for $200 about a week later bc I needed the cash at the time and reasoned I'd pick up another one later. I've never seen another for sale locally since.

Pretty cool little device. Can do average chorus and flanger sounds if you don't have either of those effects, but it's forte is warped record sounds and weird pitch shifting, or adding subtly ambience to the delay.

• Members

'Nother 10 series fan here. I've got Swell Flanger, Modulation Delay II, and a Twin Cam Chorus. I want to track down a Distortion Charger, Fat Cat and Super Tube.

I've got the PDS-1, which I believe is the programmable version of the DS-10 (Distortion Charger)... and I can get tones out of it I like, but I'd like to have some knobs to twist they make tweaking abit easier.

I had the Prime Dual Chorus (Chorus and Flanger) back when I first started played and I liked it. I want to track one of those down again for nostaligia's sake. I'm actually thinking about ditchin the Twin Cam. I'm a fan of that big whoosy chorus that the Cure uses on their Bass VI and the TC can't get quite that dramatic enough for me... my Boss CE-5 does fine for that.

I've also heard good things about the Delay Champ, and I know I also like PDD-1 which I think is the programmable version of the DDL-10 I believe.

• Members

Actually I don't like my PDM-1 as much as the DML20. Now granted I'm using it soley for slightly modulated delays (like u2), not chorus or flange.

But the way the controls are on the PDM-1, the depth control is in increments, and anything over 1 is too extreme for what I'm using it for. With the DML20 I have abit more control over the amount of depth.

Here's a shot of my collection.

304633553_a020bc6911.jpg

• Members

I have the 9 series variant - the BC9. Its very cool and has a lush swirl. It cone do some slightly glitchy things when the two choruses meet but it also does some nice sounds. Keep in mind that the width knobs aren't the same as depths so you might want to keep them pretty low to limit the amount of seasick tones you get.

• Members

10 series fan here!... I have a couple of em.

MT10 Mostortion - nice tubey low-gain overdrive, loves to be in front of other gain pedals. can be set to sound like a vox clean.

FC10 Fat Cat - good, grainier rat clone, can get nice low gain drive to rat-like high-gain distortion.

DC10 Distortion Charger - sounds like a Mostortion but with more bite.

SC10 Stereo Chorus - adds a little treble boost, but still has a nice analog sound to it.

• 4 years later...

Archived