FKR clip

RoboPimp

• Members

I didn't listen to the clip as I've had a debilitating headache all day and guitar sounds would not help. I did however meet Mr Beavis Audio himself the other day and get to hear the FKR for a while, and it's a great pedal. I was never too into the Rat as it seemed like there wasn't enough workable space between muddy and icicles-to-the-brain harsh, and yet from that basic design he pulled up this pedal that has tons of great sounds in it. I was pretty impressed.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't listen to the clip as I've had a debilitating headache all day and guitar sounds would not help. I did however meet Mr Beavis Audio himself the other day and get to hear the FKR for a while, and it's a great pedal. I was never too into the Rat as it seemed like there wasn't enough workable space between muddy and icicles-to-the-brain harsh, and yet from that basic design he pulled up this pedal that has tons of great sounds in it. I was pretty impressed.

Hey man, it was nice to meet you. Was it at Action? Sorry about the headache. If it is any consolation I shut three fingers in the garage door this morning and have big blue throbbing stubbies and have to type with one hand :)

• Members
Also, I've designed a FKM (Four Knob Muff), a FKS (Four Knob Screamer) and a FKD (Four Knob DS-1) to round it out a nice quartet. I think it would be cool the have a pedal board that says: FKR FKM FKS FKD.

Credo quia absurdum est

:wave:

Is the FKM the new name for the Danger Muff? Can I get on the list now if there is one? :wave:

• Members

Hey man, it was nice to meet you. Was it at Action? Sorry about the headache. If it is any consolation I shut three fingers in the garage door this morning and have big blue throbbing stubbies and have to type with one hand
:)

What is wrong with you lately?

Us Aries people are not clumsy!

SIGNED UP!

:wave: :wave: :wave:

• Members
What is wrong with you lately?

Us Aries people are not clumsy!

SIGNED UP!

ditto.

i'm dead serious, i'd pay hard cash right now for an fkr or danger muff/whatever-its-called-now...

and bring on tube cricket...

• Members

Is the FKM the new name for the Danger Muff?

Your guess is as good as mine at this point :)

I can't fit everything I wanted on the danger muff into the standard FK* box. I'm playing around with a modular design with seperate boxes for the oscillator, sequencer and light-controlled theremin.

modularmuff.jpg

• Members

Your guess is as good as mine at this point
:)

I can't fit everything I wanted on the danger muff into the standard FK* box. I'm playing around with a modular design with seperate boxes for the oscillator, sequencer and light-controlled theremin.

modularmuff.jpg

Interesting!

The small ones could be called MDGT FKR's

:thu:

• Members

wow... given how ubiquitous the big muff type circuit is, i hope you follow through with the more unusual ideas... anyone can mod a tone stack, a light controlled theremin however sounds special...

• Members

Hey I just checked the Beavis website. The apprentice has been hired! So the FKRs might start (ahem) coming faster.
:D

Not an apprentice, more like a partner. Whip smart guy with a great background in studio engineering. Things probably won't get done any faster because we'll sit around and think up twice the ideas.

• Members

i wonder how many people will pass when the hype dies down...

not to be disparaging, the pedals seem excellent, but dano does seem to be flavour of the month at the moment...

ive wanted a rat but i'm to lazy to actually buy one. and then i watched all of Fatback's vid demo's and the FKR w/ tele is by far my favorite one..

Archived