• Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by cormac

lmao ... and you need more stompers
;)

what kind of head and cab is that? (nice rig btw
;)
)

Yeah more stompers...I'm working on that........

Carvin Legacy Head and cab with the Green Backs..the amp has some big clean headroom and can get plenty loud.

But that new re-issue JMT-45 Marshall is in my sights!

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

I'm still well under 40, but I just wanted to check out all the old cunts who posted in this thread.
:wave:

Hey #16, your avatar is only telling us half the story dammit!
:eek::D

I am too old to understand what you are saying!

:D :D

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

lol...yeah, it sure does speed up as you go.

Actually, I feel like a whithered old man already.
:freak::cry:

If you get married, have children and settle into a steady job.

I think John Lennon said, "Life is what happens when your'e busy making other plans"

It was something along those lines.

:)

• Members

hard to believe I'm 55 - seems like yesterday I was a kid with long hair and big plans... My kids are both in their 30's and my Grandson is taller than me. A few years ago my daughter told me he wanted to be a guitar player and we both laughed as they grew up amidst musicians and amplifiers throughout the house - she asked me to help him along and we became jammin' partners for a few days (till they left the State). Now whenever I see him he immediately wants to show me what he's learned. He's not bad for 15... just wish he'd quit shavin' that damn head! :thu:

• Members

I just passed the 40 mark a little while ago and now 50 is already starting to scare me! It is true about the up side though. I no longer suffer from GAS pains. If I want something now, I just buy it.

Now, if I could be 20 again and rich................ :thu: Actually, I'd just settle for being 20 again!:mad:

• Members
Originally posted by whitepapagold

HEY, Im only 36 and this totally applies to me.... Damn.... usual....damn.

Yep, it don't get any better with age... and to help drive home the "I'm getting old" feeling, here's what happened on Saturday:

So the wife, kid and I stop at Wing House (like Hooters) for lunch and as we're walking in my wife says to my son "Hey we should get that shirt for daddy" while pointing to the Old Guys Rule t-shirt hanging from the ceiling. I'm like "Ha, Ha, very funny".

We sit down and the waitress (long legs, very well put together, blond, the whole 9 yards) comes over to take our order and my wife leans over and says to me "that shirt should have said Old Guys Drool". Again HA HA (but I'm thinking - Oh, to be 20 or 25 again!)

So she comes back with the drinks and my wife says something about the shirt and the waitress goes "Yea, I just got that for my dad for his birthday... not that he's THAT old... he's only 42" At this point I can see my wife's smile widen as I say "Oh, I just turned 42 in December" to which our waitress replies "My dad too - on December 23." Now my wife is trying not to burst out laughing as I mutter "Oh great, I'm OLDER than her father!" The waitress walks away and my wife says that she just can't wait to tell our friends about my "wake up call" :(

It really helps to put things in prespective... I'm officially on OLD GUY. I guess since we waited until later in life to have our son (I was 35) I've always thought of myself as younger somehow since many of the other parents, etc. that we see/deal with are mostly in the 30-ish range. Turns out that Little Miss Wing House was 19 and I'm old enough to be her father (and then some!) :cry:

• Members
Originally posted by mmcquain

Now my wife is trying not to burst out laughing as I mutter "Oh great, I'm OLDER than her father!" The waitress walks away and my wife says that she just can't wait to tell our friends about my "wake up call"
:(

Err, getting older is usually much worse for women vanity-wise. Your wife must either be in great shape herself or your chops are getting slow and weak old man.:idea::wave:

Originally posted by KjStrat62

I'll start this thread. Not proud but what can I do. Who's over 40 in here.??Maybe we can discuss some OT health issues as well!!!!!!!!!

44 here. :)

Age is just a number, as long as you have your health and are not trying to go to LA unannounced to get a record contract. ;)

• Members

Yes ... over 40 but i still like playing blues, rock, hard rock and swinging / jump blues.

Grew up on Zep, Beatles, Floyd and in good ole down under Aussie rock bands - Midnight Oil, Skyhooks and Jo Jo Zep and the Falcons etc.

:wave::D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fender Strat 2000; Ibanez Silver Series 1982 Strat; Ibanez 470; Maton EC325; Crate Vintage Clubman 50; Fender Stereo Chorus, Boss-ME-50

Archived