Full video of Saddam's execution..

comfortablynumb

• Members

I mourn for humanity when a grisly execution is hailed by the President of the United States as a triumph of the "rule of law."

There is no rule of law in Iraq; the country is now run by armed militias which the government is powerless to control. According to the rule of law, America's invasion of Iraq was illegal. America's failure to plan for Iraq's security and governance once their military fell is every bit as criminal.

Bush's "rule of law" is the barrel of a gun and the hangman's noose. Why does this not scare the crap out of you? The leader of the free world shows no more regard for the US Constitution than he does for the rule of international law. We are all {censored}ed. This is the pinacle of civilization; we rule by violence, power, and intimidation.

It sickens me. I am ashamed of America, and I am ashamed to be human. I fear for the future of mankind if this is where we've gotten. Our ideas of justice and society are little more than brutal; the strongest tyrant prevails. Rule by yourself and risk hanging; rule by committee and you're golden. So the lesson here is to cover your ass and make sure you have a ruling elite backing you up. Why do I waste my time complaining? Rich bastards will get their laws passed and do whatever they want. Poor folks will just keep working to make them richer and "vote" and feel that makes everything fair.

We are little more than carnivorous apes beating each other with bones. I'm not pleased with the deliberate killing of a human being, and I'm even less pleased at the delight his execution elicits in others.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by skr3ddy

I mourn for humanity when a grisly execution is hailed by the President of the United States as a triumph of the "rule of law."

There is no rule of law in Iraq; the country is now run by armed militias which the government is powerless to control. According to the rule of law, America's invasion of Iraq was illegal. America's failure to plan for Iraq's security and governance once their military fell is every bit as criminal.

Bush's "rule of law" is the barrel of a gun and the hangman's noose. Why does this not scare the crap out of you? The leader of the free world shows no more regard for the US Constitution than he does for the rule of international law. We are all {censored}ed. This is the pinacle of civilization; we rule by violence, power, and intimidation.

It sickens me. I am ashamed of America, and I am ashamed to be human. I fear for the future of mankind if this is where we've gotten. Our ideas of justice and society are little more than brutal; the strongest tyrant prevails. Rule by yourself and risk hanging; rule by committee and you're golden. So the lesson here is to cover your ass and make sure you have a ruling elite backing you up. Why do I waste my time complaining? Rich bastards will get their laws passed and do whatever they want. Poor folks will just keep working to make them richer and "vote" and feel that makes everything fair.

We are little more than carnivorous apes beating each other with bones. I'm not pleased with the deliberate killing of a human being, and I'm even less pleased at the delight his execution elicits in others.

+1 and I'm ashamed that the UK is Bush's lapdog :rolleyes:

• Members

+10000000000.

Though I do have hope for humanity, this only saddens me, just as you said.

• Members

" God help any man who sits behind this desk who doesn't know the military like I do"

"We will bankrupt ourselves in the vain search for security"

"We must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence whether sought or unsought by the military-industrial complex"

Said some 40+ years ago by a 5 star general who became president.

• Members
Originally posted by Rock Martyr

I don't know why some of you believe this is where mankind has gotten. Man has always been this way, and always will be. Deception and evil are nothing new.

It would be nice if this world were only full of monarch butterflies and true bypass guitar pedals.
:freak:

:wave:

• Members

The guy was a {censored}ing skumbag of the worst kind and it's easy to see how the people that got in his way would want to tear his ballsack off and show it down his throat!

But I find it really disturbing that so many people here are so eager to watch somone else die...sickening!

• Members

You make me feel so lazy for not wanting to organize my thoughts on this...

+1

• Members

Even though this is wrong, "Office Space" kept making me think he should be sent to Federal Pound Me In The Ass prison. It is wrong to revel in his death, the video is very bad in that it shows that it was not the unbiased set up that was claimed.

• Members

do you guys wonder what prompted Saddam do to the things he did?

As in, what were his intentions? can we simply say hatred motivated him to do those things?

makes me wonder how he could've slept every night, unless he thought that what he was doing was fully justified in his own conscience.

he believed that his god was on his side. we'll see if he's right when we're all dead, huh?

• Members

I'm not sure if a hanging is grisly in nature.. as soon as the ground drops, your neck is instantly snapped. the executionee feels nothing, beyond the terror of walking up to the gallows and of the anticipation of death.

I don't believe that hanging fits under cruel and unusual punishment category. Only for the viewers of the executions does it look barbaric.

now, this I agree with you completely. I think in our natural state, we are bound to beat the {censored} out of each other, socially, psychologically, monetarily, etc.

we enter into social contracts to relatively determine what is acceptable or not. thereby, we maintain some sort of peace that is agreed by the mass. now from those opposing the norm, there are consequences.. the deviant, in this case, is Saddam and his killing of innocents.

Archived