Full video of Saddam's execution..

comfortablynumb

• Members

Originally posted by 1DZReverendDavidLee

That was a crappy video - I had honestly hoped for something clearer. I noticed someone was taking flash pictures during the video taping - maybe we'll see those posted soon. Sadly he received a more quick and painless death than many of his victims.

Far too merciful compared to what he dished out.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Originally posted by wacopacco

they should have strung him up by his balls and dragged him across the desert then pumped him full of mustard gas. {censored}in scumbag

i'm sorry dude, but you are an ignorant scumbag yourself. maybe you need to grow up and look past the end of your nose to see that however many human lives were lost because of this man, at the moment of his death, he is still a human being with the same rights as the rest of the "civillized" world has under international law. his judgement and execution was handled according to the laws of his own country. it's not up to you, or me, or anyone from this country to decide his fate.

one can argue that we DID hand him his fate, but without delving into the underground ups and downs of this situation, according to iraqi law, which he spent his entire political life drafting, he was given the verdict and punishment fit for his crime.

i'm sorry if you disagree, and i apologize for calling you out, i just think that this mindset is dangerous. i'm not saying i personally feel bad for him, or i take a side in this mess at all, i just disapprove of people so blindly speaking on a subject with such severity.

let the hate responses start, i vote the same as the rest of you, so all of our voices count the same (in theory), and i respect that. i hope you can as well.

• Members

That was a crappy video - I had honestly hoped for something clearer. I noticed someone was taking flash pictures during the video taping - maybe we'll see those posted soon. Sadly he received a more quick and painless death than many of his victims.

A lifetime of LIVING HELL would have been a better punushment.

The Rev hit it spot on.

• Members

Originally posted by wacopacco

just like you said, in a few years, he will be forgotten. Just like he should. I hope no one remembers his name. Yes i hope people remember the victims and what not, but I hope saddam just fades into oblivion. I was pissed that he made the front page of the paper. He should have been in a little section near the obitaries imo.

he will never be forgotten. saddam will be a name that everyone will remember; its been etched into our minds from the years of his diabolical rule. i mean, think about all the things he did and how often you hear his name as it is. its like hitler. i wish we could forget him, but thats not going to be happening any time soon.

i think his death sentence was a little...immoral. Yes, I do realize all that he has done and all the pain and torture he has inflicted on the millions of Iraqis, but hanging? think about that for a moment; he was hung. to me, that just seems like such an awful way to die, or put someone to death. it just seems so immoral to me even to think about it. He got what he deserved, but i would have rather seen him get shot or some other means of execution.

• Members

he actually requested to be killed by firing squad. but that is not the method used according to law for the crimes he was accused of. he would have been shot had he been tried for military crimes.

as far as the hood goes, he refused it but allowed the black cloth around his neck after he was told that the cloth would help prevent his head from being severed.

• Members

Originally posted by lostandfoundpdx

i'm sorry dude, but you are an ignorant scumbag yourself. maybe you need to grow up and look past the end of your nose to see that however many human lives were lost because of this man, at the moment of his death, he is still a human being with the same rights as the rest of the "civillized" world has under international law. his judgement and execution was handled according to the laws of his own country. it's not up to you, or me, or anyone from this country to decide his fate.

one can argue that we DID hand him his fate, but without delving into the underground ups and downs of this situation, according to iraqi law, which he spent his entre political life drafting, he was given the verdict and punishment fit for his crime.

i'm sorry if you disagree, and i aplogize for calling you out, i just think that this mindset is dangerous. i'm not saying i personally feel bad for him, or i take a side in this mess at all, i just disapprove of people so blindly speaking on a subject with such severity.

let the hate responses start, i vote the same as the rest of you, so all of our voices count the same (in theory), and i respect that. i hope you can as well.

Reminds me of Tom Hanks character in Saving Private Ryan when he says "for me, the more killing I do the further away from home I feel"... so I understand what you're saying and why you're saying it. I took no real pleasure in watching that video. I also saw the video of the reporter who was beheaded.. the things that are happening in our world disgusts me. Wtf is wrong with the human race? Sighhhhh...thank God for music to help keep us all sane in an insane world.

• Members

Reminds me of Tom Hanks character in Saving Private Ryan when he says "for me, the more killing I do the further away from home I feel"... so I understand what you're saying and why you're saying it. I took no real pleasure in watching that video. I also saw the video of the reporter who was beheaded.. the things that are happening in our world disgusts me. Wtf is wrong with the human race? Sighhhhh...thank God for music to help keep us all sane in an insane world.

And for that reason I refuse to watch the video clip(s)......

We have become a sad nation/species of voyeurs.

Drive through!

YEAH FOR MUSIC/RECORDING ETC.

:idea: :idea:

• Members

I think condeming saddam to death is pretty similiar to what saddam was doing. To me its evil. I believe saddam was evil, I believe the best thing for him and others like him is to let them live. No human should be able to take away anothers life regardless. I watch the video and I see evil things, people masked and cheering putting someone to death. I believe that we should take the evil in the world and lock them up and let them die when god decides its time for them. God should decide and be the judge, we should just protect ourselves by locking these fools up for the rest of their lives. Let them suffer the wrath of time.

• Members
Originally posted by Klisk

I honestly feel that he shouldn't have been executed.

I don't want to argue about it, I'm just making a comment, that's all. Feel free to feel whatever you want.

So what do you think should have happened?

Just askin.

:love: :love: :love:

• Members

Originally posted by lostandfoundpdx

he actually requsted to be killed by firing squad. but that is not the method used according to law for the crimes he was accused of. he would have been {censored} had he been tried for military crimes.

as far as the hood goes, he refused it but allowed the black cloth around his neck after he was told that the cloth would help prevent his head from being severed.

did you get teh commy from that pinko' your workin' from?????

• Members

Originally posted by Eddie

I agree. And in addition, far too late.

And to think that many others like Saddam are out there today...

Trouble is most do it under the guise of international laws they created and the shield of the United Nations. Saddam was virtually put in power by the UK, Kuwait were stealing Iraqi oil for years. It's a nest of vipers where all the players realise the riches and the flipside of that. He was a nasty piece of {censored}, but one of so many. Rumsfeld, Blair, Bush Jnr / Snr,...what alot of rope we would need.

• Members

"Well Saddam. Since you won't tell us where the weapons are we're going to charge you with the deaths of a lot of people; which didn't really matter to us until now. Yeah, we know we're blackmailing you, and we wouldn't be if you'd only tell us what we want to know. Heck, we'll even help your country setup a democracy even though you'd never have gotten there on your own in a million years!".

Yes, he was villain, but so are a lot of other world leaders.

• Members

Originally posted by claffman

A lifetime of LIVING HELL would have been a better punushment.

The Rev hit it spot on.

They should have made him live with his inlaws in a cramp apartment (sleeping on the couch) in Fremont, CA with a 12 hour a day shift at Mcdonalds, and neighbors who blast tejano music during the day and hip hop at night.

devi-

• Members
Originally posted by Devi Ever

They should have made him live with his inlaws in a cramp apartment (sleeping on the couch) in Fremont, CA with a 12 hour a day shift at Mcdonalds, and neighbors who blast tejano music during the day and hip hop at night.

devi-

Man that is EVIL :evil:

• Members

No, that's what they should do to Bush and Cheney. :)

Then the punishment would fit the crimes.

Originally posted by Devi Ever

devi-

Archived