Have you guys seen the NEW StroboStomp2

paydirt

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've been waiting for a second version to take care of some of the flaws in the first one. I never bought the first one because it's ugly as hell. Now that the second one also looks disgusting I could justify buying the first version. I bet there will be some beautiful price drops :thu:

• Members
"I went to a luthier in Taipei last month to get my strat worked on by the best guitar guru I hvae met yet. When anyone comes into Taipei, Malmsteen, Petrucci, Satriani, Vai, Vinnie Moore, Paul Gilbert, Marty Friedman to name a few, they all go the same dude. So I knew I was in good care.

Anyway he has a lot of strobes laying around. However, when he was doing a rough intonation after all the work was done on the guitar, he plugged into a fricken Seiko ST747 or St737 tuner. As he was almost done, I wanted to be sure he was going to finally doing the intonation on the strobe. He said " bu yong" meaning there isn't really a need to, but I insisted. To my amazment, the cheap Seiko ST tuner was on the money.
He said that it always is. He said he usually only bring the strobe for acoustic instruments or for high profile guitarists (who expect a strobe there). However, he said that for plugging in an electric guitar, the little seiko is always accurate. I just bought one off Ebay."

9581_1.JPG

"I have the Strobostomp and an ST747 which I only use occassionaly. I did a comparison because of what I read in this thread. Can't believe how accurate that Seiko tuner is. Tuned the guitar with ST747 then checked it with the Strobostomp, the thing tuned it perfectly or at least as accurate as what the Strobostomp says."

"thanks for the tip. i just snagged a seiko st-737 off of ebay for $5.00!"

From your budgets friends over at TGP!
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=195528

• Members

It's still ugly. It's a shame that their trademark is blue plastic or ribbed rubber. The car shape was a poor idea in design and execution.

I have a Strobo 1 but the DT10 is what's on my board. I don't find it to be fragile but it sucks a lot of power and can't be powered by a Powerall (with my other pedals - was fine when using a JuiceBox).

The DT10 would seem to be the overall winner for me and a bunch of others.

The mini strobe would have its applications for people who play different instruments...

• Members

i love watching how fast opinion turns on internet guitar forums.. first everyone is all high on the strobo and on a tu-2 witch hunt. now the strobo isnt cutting it in build quality or looks so its the dt-10. a year or two ago the dl-4 was god's gift to delay, now it's the dd-20.. for now. :rolleyes:

• Members

It's still ugly. It's a shame that their trademark is blue plastic or ribbed rubber. The car shape was a poor idea in design and execution.

Say what you will about it aesthetically (I wish it wasn't so bulbous), but the design does exactly what it's supposed to do - present the display clearly to the person 6' away while protecting that display from a foot that's going to be repeatedly stepping on it. I suppose they could have gone with something more blocky and retro-80's-handheld-game-like.

And what, the Korg looks better because it was modeled off a Cylon? The Seiko's better because it looks like an early hand-held electronic poker game? These are tuners for {censored}'s sake... it's like debating who makes the most stylish and functional pocket-protectors.

-Ben

• Members
:eek:
that is an awesome pedal design/shape/color/setup! i need to dump my tu-2 and get one of those. any negatives to choosing a dt-10 over a tu-2?

you lose a little inaccuracy by going with the dt-10. you also give up a lesser buffer.

Archived