Have you guys seen the NEW StroboStomp2

paydirt

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Say what you will about it aesthetically (I wish it wasn't so bulbous), but the design does exactly what it's supposed to do - present the display clearly to the person 6' away while protecting that display from a foot that's going to be repeatedly stepping on it. I suppose they could have gone with something more blocky and retro-80's-handheld-game-like.

And what, the Korg looks better because it was modeled off a Cylon? The Seiko's better because it looks like an early hand-held electronic poker game? These are
tuners
for {censored}'s sake... it's like debating who makes the most stylish and functional pocket-protectors.

-Ben

Whoa! You sound defensive. The Strobo is certainly functional in achieving what it set out to do which is protect the display and be roadworthy. But yeah, from an aesthetic point of view, the DT10's minimalism is way out on front.

From a technical point of view it's the current draw that was the big issue and the speed of tuning (which is a personal thing). Everyone says play at the 12th fret annd turn volume and tone down to use the strobo but that ain't exactly viable on stage.

So, the Strobo stays home for now. The DT10 goes on the road.

• Members

I just bought the new DT-10 BK. It's the same as the DT-10, but the brushed aluminum case is anodized black, the LEDs are ultra bright and are different in color, and it comes with a daisy chain power cable (they call it a "cascade cable") for powering other pedals from a single adapter.

:thu:

472435.jpg

• Members
I just bought the new DT-10 BK. It's the same as the DT-10, but the brushed aluminum case is anodized black, the LEDs are ultra bright and are different in color, and it comes with a daisy chain power cable (they call it a "cascade cable") for powering other pedals from a single adapter.

:thu:

472435.jpg

Wow! I want a black one.

I use the silver DT-10. Awesome tuner. A little more accurate than most tuners, but most importantly, it locks on to your guitar signal like a vice! So easy to tune with one of these.

Looked at the Strobostomp but they were just too expensive here in Australia, and I saw quite a few user reviews complaining about durability.

Archived